Noncompliance with Prescribed Eye Drops is to be Addressed in Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery
Ph.D. in Clinical Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University College London (UCL), London, United Kingdom
*Corresponding Author:Ali Nouraeinejad, Ph.D. in Clinical Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University College London (UCL), London, United Kingdom.
February 14, 2022; Published: March 01, 2022
Cataract is the leading cause of blindness worldwide [1-6]. Cataract surgery is one of the most common surgeries in the world  so that cataract surgery is the commonest single surgical procedure carried out in the developed world .
- Nouraeinejad A. “Handbook of ocular drugs, and ocular side effects of systemic drugs”. Tehran: Tabib Publication; (2000).
- Nouraeinejad A. “Differential Diagnosis in Optometry and Ophthalmology”. Second Edition. Iran: Noruzi Publication (2017).
- Nouraeinejad A. “Neuro-Optometry, Neuro-Optometrist, and Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitative Implications”. Journal of Modern Rehabilitation2 (2018): 77-84.
- Olson RJ., et al. “Cataract in the adult eye preferred practice pattern”. Ophthalmology 124 (2017): 1-119.
- Liu YC., et al. “Cataracts”. Lancet 390 (2017): 600-612.
- Singh S., et al. “The prevalence and risk factors for cataract in rural and urban India”. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology4 (2019): 477-483.
- Allen D and Vasavada A. “Cataract and surgery for cataract”. BMJ7559 (2006): 128-132.
- Matossian C. “Noncompliance with Prescribed Eyedrop Regimens Among Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery—Prevalence, Consequences, and Solutions”. US Ophthalmic Review1 (2020): 18-22.
- Ghate D and Edelhauser HF. “Ocular drug delivery”. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery 3 (2006): 275-287.
- Davies I., et al. “Aids for eye drop administration”. Survey of Ophthalmology 62 (2017): 332-345.
- Liu Y., et al. “Proficiency of eye drop instillation in postoperative cataract patients in Ghana”. Clinical Ophthalmology 7 (2013): 2099-2105.
- An JA., et al. “Evaluation of eyedrop administration by inexperienced patients after cataract surgery”. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 40 (2014): 1857-1861.