Utilizing Tocopherols/Phytosterols Obtained from Pequi (Caryocar Brasiliansis Camb.) for Complementing Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer treatment/alone -New Herbal Therapy for Improving 5-year Survival- A Short Communication
Kulvinder Kochar Kaur1*, Gautam Nand K Allahbadia2 and Mandeep Singh3
1Scientific Director cum Owner Dr Kulvinder Kaur Centre for Human Reproduction, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
2Scientific Director, Ex-Rotunda-A Centre for Human Reproduction, Bandra, Mumbai, India
3Consultant Neurologist, Swami Satyanand Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
*Corresponding Author: Kulvinder Kochar Kaur, Scientific Director cum Owner Dr Kulvinder Kaur Centre for Human Reproduction, Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
December 06, 2022; Published: February 03, 2023
The incidence along with mortality of cancer is escalating at a fast pace all over the world with Breast Cancer (BC) representing a commonest cancer which is diagnosed in females as well as biggest etiology for mortality amongst them . The utilization of novel drugs in addition to alternative treatments which work against cancer in view of manipulation of the immune system that get derived from the natural products like fruits is intriguing in view of considerable decrease in inimical actions. Induction of tumor cell demise in particular is necessary with normal cells not getting influenced or these actions are decreased to the minimum. Intriguingly, the utilization of peripheral blood is done which is of interest regarding evaluation of the functional capacity of subgroups of immune cells .
- Bray F., et al. “Global cancer statistics 2018: globocan estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries”. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians 68 (2018): 394-424.
- Cimino Mathews A., et al. “Targeting in Breast Cancer”. Oncology 5 (2015): 375-385.
- , et al. “Nanoemulsion based system as a promising approach for enhancing the anti tumoral activity of Pequi oil (Caryocar brasiliansis Cambess) in Breast Cancer”. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 58 (2020): 101819.
- Traessel GK. “Safety assessment of oil from Pequi (Caryocar brasiliansis): evaluation of potential genotoxic and elastogenic effects”. Journal of Medicinal Food 20.8 (2017): 804-811.
- Torres LRO., et al. “Physicochemical and anti oxidant properties of the Pequi (Caryocar brasiliansis Cambess) almond oil obtained by homemade and cold -pressed processes”. International Food Research Journal 4 (2016): 1541-1551.
- Faria-Machado A., et al. “Discrimination of pulp oil and kernel oil from Pequi (Caryocar brasiliansis) by fatty acid methyl esters fingerprinting, using GC-FIDand multivariate analysis”. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 63.45 (2015): 10064-10067.
- Hutchinson SA., et al. “Phytosterols inhibit side chain Oxysterol mediated activation of LXR in Breast Cancer cells”. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 20 (2019): 3241.
- Moraes Brito R., et al. “Bioactive compounds of Pequipulp and oil modulate anti oxidant and anti-proliferative activity in cocultured blood mononuclear cells and breast cancer”. Food and Nutrition Research 66 (2022): 8782.
- Kulvinder Kochar Kaur., et al. “Novel ways of targeting triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) with the latest research-Will it improve prognoses”. Journal of Gynecology (2019).
- Kulvinder Kochar Kaur., et al. “An update on the screening, diagnosis and management of breast cancer: A review with considerations for future fertility”. International Journal of Medical and all body Health Research 4 (2021): 40-53.
- Kulvinder Kochar Kaur., et al. “Dysregulated Cholesterol Metabolism including Oxysterols in the Pathophysiology of Breast Cancer: Therapeutic Implications -A Narrative review”. Acta Scientific Cancer Biology 1 (2023): 07-14.