Optimization and Standardization of Spreadable Cheese Fortified with Mushroom Powder
Savita Yadav1 and Sunita Mishra2*
1M.Sc. Food Science and Technology, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, UP, India
2Professor, Food and Nutrition, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, UP, India
*Corresponding Author: Sunita Mishra, Professor, Food and Nutrition, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, UP, India.
June 06, 2022 ; Published: June 24, 2022
The main purpose of this study was to develop spreadable cheese fortified with mushroom powder. Moisture, fat, and protein content were of higher value in fortified cheese supplemented with mushroom powder. The moisture content of fortified cheese was 58.66% while that of control cheese was 52.36%. The protein content of fortified cheese was 29.08%, while that of control cheese was 22.45%, fat content in fortified cheese was 32.2% while that of control cheese was 28.8% and the ash content of fortified cheese was 3.95 % while that of control cheese was 2.72%. The microstructure of mushroom powder, fortified cheese, and spreadable cheese was analyzed through SEM and XRD. Fortified cheese was amorphous. Elements composition of control cheese, fortified cheese, and mushroom powder was also detected through the EDS graph. In this graph different types of elements were found in mushroom powder, spreadable cheese, and fortified cheese. The physic-chemical parameters were studies like Texture, surface, color, aroma, and taste. The product developed was appreciated by the sensory panelist. For further better analysis nutritional properties of spreadable cheese and mushroom powder. And the morphology analysis was done by SEM and XRD.
Keywords: Fortified Cheese; SEM; XRD; EDS; Mushroom Powder; Sensory Assessment
- Salehi F. “Characterization of different mushroom powder and its application in bakery products: A review”. International Journal of Food Properties1 (2019): 1375-1385.
- Valverde ME., et al. “Review article edible mushrooms: improving human health and promoting edible mushrooms: improving human health and promoting 99.97.22 (2015): 100.
- Shalaby SM and Ashraf G Mohamed. “Cheese fortified with vegetables and mushroom”. International Jou Key Words.
- Pandey R and Mishra S. “Sensory Profile and Acceptability of Enriched Mozzarella Cheese” International Journal of All Research Education and Scientific Methods 9 (2021): 1203-1209.
- Rinaldoni AN., et al. “Soft cheese-like product development enriched with soy protein concentrates”. LWT-Food science and Technology1 (2019): 139-147.
- Pandey R and Mishra S. “Development and quality evaluation of mozzarella cheese enriched with mustard sauce and walnut powder”. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health11 (2021): 49-56.
- Musika A. “A Study and Development of Local Materials to Improve Quality of Oyster Mushroom Culture Materials, Panom Samran Sub-district, Khu Mueang District, Buriram Province”. International Journal of Agricultural Technology7.2 (2017): 1857-1863.
- Khider M., et al. “Functional processed cheese spreads with high nutritional value as supplemented with fresh and dried mushrooms”. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition 1 (2017): 45-52.
- Sulieman AME., et al. “Production and effect of storage in the chemical composition of Mozzarella cheese”. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition Engineering3 (2012): 21-26.
- Tripathi S., et al. “Isolation and Characterisation of Value-Added Product from Underutilised Part of Banana”. Indian Journal of Science and Technology28 (2021): 2317-2326.
- Bremner JM and Mulvaney CS. “Nitrogen-Total”. In: methods of soil analysis. American Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin (1982): 595-624.
- Sree Lalitha T and Vijayalakshmi K. “Proximate composition, nutritional evaluation and mineral analysis in the leaves of an indigenous medicinal plat”. Alternanthera Sessilis (2018): 2249-9571.
- Ranganna S. “Handbook of analysis and quality control for fruits and vegetable products”. New Delhi Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishing Company (1986).
- Patel M., et al. “Synthesis of ZnO and CuO nanoparticles via Sol gel method and its characterization by using various technique”. Discover Materials1 (2022): 1-11.
- Jahan F., et al. “Development and Proximate Evaluation of Spirulina Enriched Food for Elderly Population”. Asian Journal of Advances in Agricultural Research2 (2021): 32-39.
- Karaman AD and Akalın AS. “Improving quality characteristics of reduced and low fat Turkish white cheeses using homogenized cream”. LWT-Food Science and Technology2 (2013): 503-510.
- Kondyli E., et al. “Effect of Fortification with Mushroom Polysaccharide β-Glucan on the Quality of Ovine Soft Spreadable Cheese”. Foods3 (2022): 417.