Foreign Experience of Government Policy Rural Sustainable Development1
PhD in Economical Science, Institute of Socio-Economic and Energy Problems of the North of the Federal Research Center of the Komi Science Centre of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Syktyvkar, Russia
*Corresponding Author: AS Shcherbakova, PhD in Economical Science, Institute of Socio-Economic and Energy Problems of the North of the Federal Research Center of the Komi Science Centre of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Syktyvkar, Russia.
March 25, 2022; Published: April 11, 2022
The article describes the successful foreign experience in the development of rural areas. In advanced economies, rural development is the main goal of regional policy. In advanced economies, much attention paid to sustainable rural development, where regional policy is an integral part. The state policy of rural development of the countries of the European Union been investigated. The main tools for sustainable development of rural areas in the form of strategies and programs are considered. It revealed that the adopted documents do not solve the complex problems of sustainable rural development. State programs for the development of rural areas are practically not coordinated. A significant backlog of state support for Russian agriculture from foreign countries been established. Sustainable rural development will require the creation of a special body at the level of the Federation and regions. The experience of creating management structures in Finland and Canada is very valuable for the northern territories of Russia.
Keywords:Sustainable Development; Rural Areas; Agricultural Sector; Government Support; Programs; Tools
- “A strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth”. European Commissi. Brussels (2010).
- Rural development opportunities for supporting employment and associate social inclusion Employment and Social Inclusion. EU Rural Review”. The Magazine from the European Network for Rural Development. № 6 winter (2010): 6-13.
- Rural White Paper Action Plan Annual Progress Report (2022).
- Rural White Paper Action Plan. IRL white-paper-action- plan.
- Hyyrylainen T. “Governance of local empowerment in Finnish rural policy: Collaboration between policy, development and research It Employment Policy Research Center”. EPRC. Hirosaki University, Japan. Discussion Paper 4 (2010): 81-94.
- Nikulin AM., et al. “Northern Territories of the Russian Federation, Countries of Europe and America: Comparative - Analysis of the Perspectives of Rural Drinking M”. Publishing house of the RANH and GS under the President of the Russian Federation (2015):
- Poshkus BI. “What's new in the agricultural support system in the countries of the European Union”. Globalization and the agricultural economy of Russia: trends, possible strategies and risks M. VIAPI im. A.A. Nikonov: "Encyclopedia of Russian Villages" (2011): 197-200.
- Fact Sheets on the European Union (2019).
- European Agricultural Guarantee Fund. “European Agricultural Fund Tor Rural Development”.
- Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation. OECD Publishing, Paris (2018).
- Eldieva TM. “Liberalization of world food trade: implications for the agrarian economy of Russian regions”. Economy of Agricultural and Processing Enterprises 5 (2012): 27-32.
- Nefedova TG. “Rural areas of Finland in comparison with the Russian Middle North: the role of natural, ethno-socio-cultural factors”. Environmental Planning and Management 1 (2011): 97-108.
- Nikulin AM and Trotsuk IV “Rural development of Finland: interaction of the state, farmers and science (possible lessons for Russia)”. World of Russia 3 (2014): 67-94.
- Agriculture and food sector in Finland 2018. Natural Resources Institute Finland”. Helsinki (2018): 100.
- Nikulin AM., et al. “Canada's Experience in Rural Development”. Nikon Readings2011.16 (2011): 210-211.
- Shedko YuN. “Canadian experience in managing sustainable development of northern regions”. Scientific Bulletin of the VF RANEPA 4 (2016): 8-10.
- Willer Helga., et al. “The world of Organic Agriculture Summa
- Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation.
- Pashkevich O. “Sustainable development of rural areas in Israel”. Science and Innovation 1.179 (2018): 39-42.
- Maltseva IS. “Formation of modern instruments for regulation of the rural economy”. Economics of knowledge: theory, practice, development prospects”. Donetsk (2020): 701-712.