A Case Study of 60-year-old female Patient of Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated Successfully Using Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) Healing System as Complementary Medicine
Dharna Vasavda1 and Venkata Satyanarayana Nanduri2*
1Certified YPV Healer and YPV Trainer, Yoga Prana Vidya Ashram, Sri Ramana Trust, Tamilnadu, India
2Consultant, Research and Publications, Yoga Prana Vidya Ashram, Sri Ramana Trust, Tamilnadu, India
*Corresponding Author: Venkata Satyanarayana Nanduri, Consultant, Research and Publications, Yoga Prana Vidya Ashram, Sri Ramana Trust, Tamilnadu, India.
August 19, 2022; Published: September 19, 2022
Introduction: Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease prevalent worldwide and primarily affects joints. While the cause of RA is not clear, scientific opinion considers it as a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Several treatment options are available and this paper presents a case of one 60 years old female patient suffering for 8 years from chronic RA despite regular medication was healed successfully using Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) protocols as complementary medicine.
Materials and Methods: Case study method is used in this study going through patient’s medical records before and after YPV healing treatment given by a YPV healer.
Results: Within 5 months of self-practice and daily healings given by a healer based at YPV Ashram, the patient fully recovered and is leading healthy life full of vitality, beyond her expectations. She is able to climb the stairs and also bend down, and perform all household chores normally.
Conclusion: This case study documents the evidence gathered on the effective use of YPV in healing and treating Rheumatoid Arthritis. To produce holistic and optimum results, YPV uses a combination of approaches that include: Physical exercises, Rhythmic Yogic Breathing, Forgiveness Sadhana, Salt free diet and fruit diet, Meditation techniques, healing by trained and experienced healers, participation in group healing, regular self-practice of specified techniques. Recommendations include further research on the application of YPV as alternatively effective and low-cost medicine for various medical conditions using appropriate sample.
Keywords: Rheumatoid Arthritis; Yoga Prana Vidya System®; YPV®; Mobility; Joint Pain and Stiffness
- Handa R., et al. “Literature review of rheumatoid arthritis in India”. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases 19 (2016): 440-451.
- Amin J., et al. “Scientometric assessment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) research performance in India during 2002-2021”. Towards Excellence2 (2021): 198-212.
- Malaviya AN and Gogia SB. “Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in India—how and by whom: results from a speciality clinic—use of low-dose methotrexate (MTX) was inexplicably suboptimal”. Clinical Rheumatology 35 (2016): 2163-2173.
- Mahajan PS and Nanduri VS. “Successful self-healing of vitiligo condition and overcoming psychosocial stresses of a female patient using Yoga Prana Vidya protocols with persistence and determination: an in-depth case study”. International Journal of Research Dermatology 8 (2022): 403-410.
- Nayak S and Nanduri VS. “Role of Yoga Prana Vidya Protocols as Complementary Medicine for Female Reproductive System: A Successful Confirmed Pregnancy Case of IVF Patient”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bio Medical Science 6 (2022): 137-142.
- Nayak L and Nanduri VS. “A Case Study of Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) Healing Modalities Used Successfully In The treatment of A Female Patient of Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) With History of Sinus Tachycardia (ST)”. International Journal of Medical Science and Dental Research 3 (2022): 19-28.
- Anur A and Nanduri VS. “A case of Discoid Lupus of a female patient healed successfully using Yoga Prana Vidya energy healing techniques”. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research 6 (2022): 1-8.
- Saluja RK and Nanduri VS. “Successful Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) Healing Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): A Case Report”. International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research Studies 5 (2022): 374-379.
- Nayak L and Nanduri VS. “A case study of a pet dog bitten by snake (cobra) healed successfully and brought to life by Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) energy healing”. World Journal of Biology Pharmacy and Health Sciences2 (2022) 024-029.
- Nayak L and Nanduri VS. “Successful treatment of septated cystic lesion in left ovary with echogenic nodule within-probable dermoid cyst using yoga prana vidya healing: a case study”. International Journal Dental and Medical Sciences Research 1 (2022): 884-889.
- Raghu N., et al. “Serious burn cases: successful treatment using yoga prana vidya (ypv) healing system”. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences 5 (2022): 140-144.
- Gupta V., et al. “The outcome of a Yoga Prana Vidya® health and healing camp conducted in Indri village, Haryana”. International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health 9 (2022): 2124-2128.
- Reddy NJ., et al. “Yoga Prana Vidya Distance healing intervention for COVID-19 patients: An outcome case study”. Indian Journal of Psychiatric Social Work 1 (2022).
- Bhuvaneshwari H., et al. “Successful application of Yoga Prana Vidya Protocols to normalize Kidney function: A case study of stage 2 kidney disease”. World Journal of Biology Pharmacy and Health Sciences1 (2022): 001-007.
- Shah SD., et al. “A Case of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Successful Treatment Using Yoga Prana Vidya Healing Without Surgical or Medical Intervention”. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research 8 ( (2022): 66-69.
- Gupta Y and Nanduri VS. “A case of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) treated successfully by the application of Yoga Prana Vidya System through sustained self-practice, self-hesling and self-belief”. International Journal of Medical Science and Health Research 2 (2022): 34-42.
- Shah SD., et al. “Role of yoga prana vidya healing techniques in successful and speedy recovery of orthopaedic cases of bone injuries and fractures: a multiple case study”. International Journal of Research on Orthopaedics 8 (2022): 88-93.
- Atheesh KM., et al. “Role of Yoga Prana Vidya (YPV) healing techniques in the treatment of dental abscess: A study of 4 cases”. International Journal of Oral and Dental Health 4 (2021): 306-309.
- Atheesh KM., et al. “A case study of successful treatment of varicella-zoster virus (chickenpox) infection using yoga prana vidya healing”. W J P l s12 (2022): 185-189.
- Efthimiou P., et al. “Complementary and alternative medicine in rheumatoid arthritis: no longer the last resort!” HSS Journal1 (2010): 108-111.
- Krishna KP. “The efficacy of Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis: Cross-sectional experiential profile of a longitudinal study”. International Journal of Ayurveda and Pharma Research 1 (2011): 8-13.
- Chandrashekara S. “Complementary and alternative medicine in rheumatoid arthritis”. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine 17 (2011): 731-734.