Is it Really Necessary to Remove the Metal Plate When an Infectious Process in the Bone Does Not Resolve with Clinical Treatment?
Department of Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Medical Acupuncture, Pain Management Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil
*Corresponding Author: Huang WL, Department of Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Medical Acupuncture, Pain Management Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil.
September 05, 2022; Published: September 13, 2022
Nosocomial osteomyelitis is a complication that needs immediate treatment and can often require the removal of the metallic implant, increasing expenses and prolonging recovery by the patient .
The most common bacteria responsible for two-thirds of infection in orthopedic implant infection is Staphylococcus aureus in osteomyelitis and septic arthritis .
- Shiels SM., et al. “Development of a hematogenous implant-related infection in a rat model”. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorder 16 (2015): 255.
- Ribeiro M., et al. “Infection of orthopedic implants with emphasis on bacterial adhesion process and techniques used in studying bacterial-material interactions”. Biomatter4 (2012): 176-194.
- Cordero J., et al. “Influence of metal implants on infection. An experimental study in rabbits”. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery British 5 (1994): 717-720.
- Huang WL. “Immunodeficiency Generated by Energy Deficiency as the Cause of Non Improvement of Nosocomial Osteomyelitis in the Knee Post Motorcycle Accident”. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology 2 (2022): 000168.
- Heitzmann Lourenço Galizia., et al. “Postoperative Chronic Osteomyelitis in the Long Bones - Current Knowledge and Management of the Problem* * Originally Published by Elsevier”. Revista Brasileira de Ortopedia6 (2019): 627-635.
- Craik E. “The “Hippocratic” Corpus: Content and Context”. Routledge (2014): 344.
- Huang Wei Ling. “What Flexner Report did to Our Medicine After 100 Years of Implantation?". Acta Scientific Gastrointestinal Disorders8 (2021): 01-04.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Why Are Diabetic Patients Still Having Hyperglycemia Despite Diet Regulation, Antiglycemic Medication and Insulin?” International Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders 2 (2019): 1-14.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Why Do Patients Still Catch Hospital Infections Despite the Practice of Infection Prevention and Control Programs?” Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2018): 34-43.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Can Hospital Osteomyelitis Be Treated Without the Use of Antibiotics?” Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 22 (2018): 1-6.
- Huang WL. “How is the Mechanism of Immunodeficiency Caused by Metallic Implants and What Can they Cause when Inside the Patient's Body?”. Annals of Immunology and Immunotherapy2 (2021): 000149.
- Federal Council of Medicine (CFM).
- Huang WL. “What Do We Need to Know to Prevent and Control Nosocomial Infections Completely? - Part 2”. Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2022): 33-47.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Is It Possible to Treat Community-acquired and Nosocomial Infectious with the Same Method, Without the Use of Antibiotics?” Journal of Applied Microbiological Research 2 (2019): 1-13.
- 2nd International Conference on Worldwide Infectious Diseases. December 3-4 (2018).
- Huang Wei Ling. “The Importance of Correcting Energy Imbalances and Chakras Energy Deficiencies in the Treatment of Patients with Glaucoma”. Clinical Research Ophthalmology2 (2019): 1-9.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Why Do Patients Still Have Anxiety Symptoms Despite the Use of Psychotropic Medications?” Archives of Neurology and Neuro Disorders2 (2019): 13-23.
- Huang Wei Ling. "Why Patients with Depression do Not Improve the Symptoms with Antidepressant Medications?". Journal of Health Science and Medical Research 6 (2021): 001-002.
- Huang W L. “Are Patients Without Surgical Risks Really Without Surgical Risk?” Journal of Surgical Case Reports and Images 3 (2022).
- Huang Wei Ling. “Constitutional Homeopathy of Five Elements Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine”. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences7 (2020): 57-69.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Energy Alterations and Chakras’ Energy Deficiencies and Propensity to SARS-CoV-2 Infection". Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2021): 167-196.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Is the Population in the World the Same as in the Past?". Acta Scientific Clinical Case Reports 6 (2021).
- Huang WL. “Are We Vaccinating Immunocompetent or Immunocompromised People for COVID 19?” Journal of Vaccines Research Vaccine 7 (2021): 018.