An Epidemiological Study During Covid Pandemic for Mental Health in School Children and Associated Educational Myths
Madhur Mrinal1 and PK Upadhyay2*
1Ph.D. Candidate, School of Medical and Health Sciences, Bangor University, Wales, UK
2Head, Department of Neurosurgery, IHBAS Hospital, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
*Corresponding Author: PK Upadhyay, Head, Department of Neurosurgery, IHBAS Hospital, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
September 15, 2022; Published: October 12, 2022
Paper deals with mental health of Children during lockdown where we are sharing our study-first author’s work, a voluntary organization working in Delhi, on the mental health issues of the school children and field work with school children on mental health narratives in pandemic. It finally concludes in discussion on the myths of our education system, digital divide in gender, DGs and EWS and camp model approach.
Keywords: Covid-19, Mental Health, School Children and Educational system
- “UNICEF report spotlights on the mental health impact of COVID-19 in children and young people” (2021).
- Mrinal Madhur. “Covid-19 Lockdown: Its Effect on Environment”. International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology2 (2020b): 563-568.
- Mrinal Madhur. “Covid-19 Pandemic Situation: New Challenges for Mental Health” (2020a).
- “The World Health Report 2001: Mental Disorders affect one in four people” (2001).
- “The impact of COVID-19 on children's mental health” (2020).
- Dass Gurcharan. “Busting myths and the double speak on Education”. Hindustan Times,8th July,2020, New Delhi (2020).
- Medical News Today. “What is mental Health?” (2020).
- Singh Shweta., et al. “Impact of COVID-19 and lockdown on mental health of children and adolescents: A narrative review with recommendations”. Psychiatry Research (2020).
- Aggarwal Priyagi. “Beg, borrow...heal: Kids who dropped out during lockdown return to school”. Hindustan Times, Wednesday, 22nd August, New Delhi (2022).
- “Dashboard on the Global Monitoring of School Closures Caused by COVID-19” (2020).
- Mrinal Madhur. “Troubled Mind and Healing Rituals: Re-Thinking Mental Health”. Antrocom Journal of Anthropology 15-2 (2019): 141-148.
- Kundu P. “Indian education can’t go online – only 8% of homes with young members have computers with net link”. The Scroll (2020).
- Kundu Protiva and Shruti Ambast. “Digitalisation of secondary school education in Delhi during the COVID-19 pandemic: How does gender factor in? Southern Voice, New Delhi” (2022).
- Banka Richa. Digital Divide in Mind, HC tells private schools, KV to bridge the gap”. Hindustan Times, 19th September, New Delhi (2020): 4.
- Kannan Harini. “Covid-19: Adopting a New Method of Teaching”. Hindustan Times, 28th June, New Delhi (2020): 8
- Sarfaraz Kainat. “Concern about implementation worry school”. Hindustan Times, 19th September, New Delhi (2020): 4.
- Mental Health Foundation (MHF, 2020). “Children and young people” (2020).
- Sharma K. “Over Rs 5,700 crore allocated to school education sector to ‘mitigate’ Covid risks”. The Print (2020).
- Kundu P. “Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan (SMSA) from the Girls’ Education Lens: An Initial Analysis, CBGA and Room to Read” (2019).
- “Mental health and COVID-19” (2020).