Colour Traceability in High-resolution Colorimetry: From Mental Images to Virtual Measures
Belarusian National Technical University, Republic of Belarus
*Corresponding Author: Y Saukova, Belarusian National Technical University, Republic of Belarus.
February 24, 2022; Published: April 15, 2022
The concept of digital image as an information model of an object for human and machine vision at macro and micro levels is proposed. The sources of traceability for qualitative colorimetry methods are considered. Based on an integrated approach, the issues of colour traceability in high-resolution colorimetry for each element of the information-measuring channel that are illuminant, illuminated surface, recording device, software and display device. The uncertainty factors of measurement information associated with the loss of measurement information during sampling, quantization and encoding of graphical data are considered. The proposed principle of the hierarchy of traceability of digital images is based on the criterion of maximum information entropy, depending on the presence of a traceability source. The undirected graph model for the description and identification of digital images is recommended for the use of high-resolution colorimetry.
Keywords: Digital Image; Colour; Colorimetry; Traceability; Standard Sample; Entropy
- Krasilnikov N N. Tcifrovaya obrabotka 2D- i 3D-izobrazheniy [Digital processing of 2D and 3D images]: study guide - Pb.: BHV- Petersburg (2011): 608.
- Starovoitov VV. “Tcifrovye izobrazheniya: ot polutcheniya do obrabotky [Digital images: from receiving to processing]”. V.V. Starovoitov, Y.I. Golub. – Minsk: OIPI NSA of Belarus (2014): 202.
- Shtantchaev HB. “Matematitcheskaya model predstavleniya izobrazheniya v sistemah raspoznavaniya obrazov [Mathematical model of image representation in image recognition systems]”. Mir nauki [The World of Science]. Scientific Online Journal 2 (2015).
- Zuikov IЕ and Saukova ЕN. “Kolorimetriya s vysokim razresheniem [High-resolution colorimetry]”. Measuring Instruments and Methods. Scientific and Technical journal, Minsk, BNTU 1 (2013): 86-92.
- Understanding the CIE System. Edited by Ja´nos Schanda/University of Pannonia, Hungary/Wiley-Interscience/a John Wiley and sons, Inc., Publication/Hoboken, New Jersey Published simultaneously in Canada (2022): 499.
- Bazyma BА. “Psihologiya tsveta: teoriya i praktika [Psychology of colour: Theory and practice]”. Publishing house: Retch. (2005): 110.
- Fersheild MD. “Modeli tsvetovospriyatiy [Models of colour perception]”. Rochester Institute of Technology. Mansell Scientific Laboratory for Colour. 2nd Saint-Petersburg. (2006): 439.
- Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks (SCHEER). “Opinion on Potential risks to human health of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)”. The SCHEER adopted this Opinion during its 9th plenary meeting on 5-6 June (2018): 192.
- Y Saukova. “The Validation Model of Information Measuring Channel in Technical Vision Systems”. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology. Impact Factor: RJIF 5.54. 1.4 (2018): 28-33.
- Dvorkovitch VP and Dvorkovitch АV. “Digital video information systems (theory and practice)”. Moscow: Technosphera (2012): 1008.
- Lebedko EG. “Matematitcheskie osnovy peredatchi informatsyi [Mathematical foundations of information transmission]”. Study guide for universities. Saint-Petersburg: St.-Petersburg State University Information Technology, Mechanics and Optics 5 (2010): 93.