Solution of Direct and Inverse Problems in Investigations of the Internal Gravity Waves Dynamics in Ionosphere Using the Doppler Frequency Shift Method
Vasily Yu Belashov*
Institute of Physics, Kazan Federal University, Kazan, Russia
*Corresponding Author: Vasily Yu Belashov, Institute of Physics, Kazan Federal University, Kazan, Russia.
October 19, 2021; Published: January 19, 2022
The solution of direct and inverse problems arising in investigations of the internal gravity waves (IGWs) dynamic via recording of the Doppler frequency shift, is presented. The direct problem is to determine the response of the Doppler shift to IGWs in the region of the radio wave reflection point; the inverse problem is the determination of IGW parameters from experimental data on the Doppler frequency shift. Solutions were obtained in an approximation of the isothermal ionosphere for the heights of the F-region. They are presented in a form convenient for their practical use and can have a wide range of applications, including the detection of soliton-like wave structures in the F-region of the ionosphere.
Keywords: Internal Gravity Waves; Doppler Frequency Shift; F-region
- Bryunelli BE and Namgaladze AA. Fizika ionosfery (Physics of the Ionosphere), Nauka, Moscow (1988).
- Hocke K and Schlegel K. “A review of atmospheric gravity waves and travelling ionospheric disturbances: 1982-1995”. Annales Geophysicae9 (1996): 917-940.
- Grigor’ev GI. “Acoustic-gravity waves in the earth’s atmosphere (review)”. Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics1 (1999): 1-21.
- Nagorsky PM. “Analysis of the response of an HF radio signal to ionospheric plasma disturbances caused by acoustic shock waves”. Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics1 (1999): 31-38.
- Belashov VYu. “Solitary electron density waves induced by the IGW’s solitons in the ionosphere”. Proc. Int. Symp. on EMC, Nagoya, Japan, Sept. 8-10 IEEE, New York, 1 (1989): 64-67.
- Belashov VYu. “Dynamics of nonlinear internal gravitational waves at heights of the ionospheric F-region”. Englush Translation4 (1990): 637-641.
- Pertsev NN and Shalimov SL. “The generation of atmospheric gravity waves in a seismically active region and their effect on the ionosphere”. Geomagnetism and Aeronomy English to Translation 2 (1996): 223-227.
- Drobzheva YaV and Krasnov VM. “The acoustic field in the atmosphere and ionosphere caused by a point explosion on the ground”. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 3 (2003): 369-377.
- Belashov VYu and Vladimirov SV. “Solitary Waves in Dispersive Complex Media”. Theory, Simulation, Applications, Springer, Berlin (2005).
- Belashov VYu. “The solar terminator front-induced wave disturbances in the ionosphere F layer”. Proc. Int. Symp. on EMC, Nagoya, Beijing, China (1992): 141.
- Belashov VYu., et al. “Dynamics of IGW and traveling ionospheric disturbances in regions with sharp gradients of the ionospheric parameters, Australian Institute of Physics 17th National Congress, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (2006): WC0111.
- Belashova ES., et al. “Structure and evolution of IGW and TID in regions with sharp gradients of the ionospheric parameters”. Journal of Geophysical Research 112 (2007): A07302.
- Belashov VYu and Poddelsky IN. “The complex experimental investigations of the F layer’s inhomogeneous structure in the region of solar terminator front”. Proc. Int. Symp. on EMC, Nagoya, Beijing, China (1992): 145.
- Galushko VG., et al. “Bistatic HF diagnostics of TIDs over the Antarctic Peninsula”. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 69 (2007): 403-410.
- Nasyrov IA., et al. “The measurement of the ionospheric total content variations caused by a powerful radio emission of “Sura” facility on a network of GNSS-receivers”. Advances in Space Research 57 (2016): 1015-1020.
- Nasyrov IA., et al. “Study of nonlinear wave structures in the ionosphere, stimulated by the solar terminator and strong radio emission of “Sura” facility, XII Annual Conference “Plasma Physics in the Solar System”. (2017): 6-10.
- Savel’ev VL. “On recovery of the wind field of the neutral component of ionospheric plasma from Doppler frequency shift, Wave Disturbances in the Ionosphere”. Nauka, Alma-Ata (1987): 60-66.
- Belashov VYu. “Analytical solution of direct and inverse problems in the internal gravity waves studies by the Doppler frequency shift method”. Geomagnetism and Aeronomy5 (2018): 651-653.
- Belashov VYu and Belashova ES. “Dynamics of IGW and traveling ionospheric disturbances in regions with sharp gradients of the ionospheric parameters”. Advances in Space Research 56 (2015): 333-340.