Agriculture in the Era of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Division of Taxonomy and Biodiversity, Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
*Corresponding Author: Muzafar Riyaz, Research Scientist, Division of Taxonomy and Biodiversity, Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
July 21, 2022; Published: February 18, 2023
Agriculture has always played a significant role in enhancing a nation's economy . Man has been growing and harvesting crops since time immemorial. The primary source of income for countries that engage in agriculture and other farming sectors in the modern world is mainly agriculture and allied sectors . Concerns regarding the need for food, which is expanding in lockstep with the world population, have increased because of the rise in global human populations. The world's population is hungry, and both developed and developing countries are doing everything they can to alleviate that situation.
- Loizou E., et al. “The role of agriculture as a development tool for a regional economy”. Agricultural Systems 173 (2019): 482-490.
- Riyaz M., et al. “Botanical pesticides for an eco-friendly and sustainable agriculture: new challenges and prospects”. In Bandh, S.A. (ed.) Sustainable Agriculture. Springer, Cham (2022).
- Majeed MT and Mazhar M. “Environmental degradation and output volatility: A global perspective”. Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences (PJCSS)1 (2019): 180-208.
- Yue Q., et al. “Mitigating greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture: From farm production to food consumption”. Journal of Cleaner Production 149 (2017): a 1011-1019.
- Nearing MA., et al. “Natural and anthropogenic rates of soil erosion”. International Soil and Water Conservation Research2 (2017): 77-84.
- Roberts DP and Mattoo AK. “Sustainable agriculture-Enhancing environmental benefits, food nutritional quality and building crop resilience to abiotic and biotic stresses”. Agriculture1 (2018): 8.
- Saunders ME. “Insect pollinators collect pollen from wind-pollinated plants: Implications for pollination ecology and sustainable agriculture”. Insect Conservation and Diversity1 (2017): 13-31.
- Gu D., et al. “Major trends in population growth around the world”. China CDC Weekly28 (2021): 604.
- Ristaino JB., et al. “The persistent threat of emerging plant disease pandemics to global food security”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences23 (2021): e2022239118.
- Ben Ayed R and Hanana M. “Artificial intelligence to improve the food and agriculture sector”. Journal of Food Quality (2021).
- Bhat SA and Huang NF. “Big data and ai revolution in precision agriculture: Survey and challenges”. IEEE Access 9 (2021): 110209-110222.
- Subeesh A and Mehta CR. “Automation and digitization of agriculture using artificial intelligence and internet of things”. Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture 5 (2021): 278-291.
- Payal M., et al. “Robotics, AI, and the IoT in Defense Systems”. AI and IoT‐Based Intelligent Automation in Robotics (2021): 109-128.
- Goel N., et al. “Machine learning-based remote monitoring and predictive analytics system for monitoring and livestock monitoring”. In Application of Machine Learning in Agriculture. Academic Press (2021): 47-67.
- Raj E., et al. “Precision farming in modern agriculture”. In Smart Agriculture Automation Using Advanced Technologies. Springer, Singapore (2022): 61-87.