Rainfall Forecasting of Vidarbha During the Monsoon Months of the Year 2022
Anand M Sharan*
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Memorial University, Canada
*Corresponding Author: Anand M Sharan, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Memorial University, Canada.
: August 03, 2022; Published: September 15, 2022
In this work, the rain model for Vidarbha, an area which is prone to drought - is investigated based on four methods. These methods are: The Time Series method, The Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) method, the Artificial Neural Network (ANN) method, and The Root Mean Square (RMS) method.
Plots are made for rain amounts month-wise for June, July, August, September, and the total amount. This is followed by the frequency analysis of the total rain amount.
The predicted rain amount for this area is taken as the average result obtained by each of these methods.
Keywords: Monsoon Rain Prediction; Fast Fourier Transform Method; Water Shortage; Drought and Famine
- Dependence of Indian agriculture on monsoon.
- Climate change is remaking South Asia's monsoon.
- A drink of clean water.
- Water Scarcity in India: A Human Crisis I India Loud and Clear I EP 7.
- Groundwater scarcity looms over 145 villages in Maharashtra: GSDA (2021).
- India's water crisis: It is most acute for women - Down To Earth.
- Water Scarcity in India.
- Southwest Monsoon 2020: Good rains now bring bad news.
- Heavy rains lash Maharashtra, north India reels under sultry weather.
- NMC likely to get only 50% of raw drinking water demand.
- Water crisis looms in Vidarbha and Marathwada as summer arrives (2018).
- Water Scarcity and Security in India.
- Farmer’s Suicide in Vidarbha: Everybody’s Concern.
- Farmers’ Suicides in the Vidarbha Region of Maharashtra, India a Qualitative Exploration of Their Causes.
- Four more Maharashtra farmers commit suicide.
- Three Farmers Commit Suicide in Draught-Hit Marathwada Region.
- India is already facing a water crisis-and it is only going to get worse.
- In Gujarat’s water crisis, key question: why is Narmada’s level low this year?
- Water shortage in Gujarat’s Morbi forces people to dig holes in the ground.
- Gujarat staring at water crisis this summer.
- Africa - Climate News Network.
- India’s escalating water crisis.
- India’s potable water crisis is set to worsen.
- India’s fast-growing cities face water crisis. Phys.org.
- India drought: ‘330 million people affected.
- Drought years may become more frequent in India, says study.
- The Thirst for Power: Hydroelectricity in a Water Crisis World.
- P Singh and B Borah. “Indian summer Monsoon rainfall prediction using artificial neural network”. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment 27 (2013): 1585-1599.
- S Gadgil and J Srinivasan. “Monsoon Prediction: Are Dynamical Models Getting Better Than Statistical Models?” Journal Current Science3 (2012).
- T Delsole and J Shukla J. “Climate Models Produce Skillful Predictions of Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall”. Geophysical Research Letters9 (2012).
- TP Singh., et al. “Comparison of TRMM Multi-Satellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA) Estimation with Ground-Based Precipitation Data over Maharashtra, India”. Environment, Development and Sustainability6 (2020): 5539-5552.
- U Saha., et al. “Deciphering the Extreme Rainfall Scenario over Indian landmass Using Satellite Observations, Reanalysis and Model Forecast: Case Studies”. Atmospheric Research 240 (2020): 104943.
- E Khosla., et al. “Crop Yield Prediction Using Aggregated Rainfall-Based Modular Artificial Neural Networks and Support Vector Regression”. Environment, Development and Sustainability6 (2020): 5687-5708.
- Prediction of Rain in Bihar, India Based on Historical Bihar’s Rain Data.
- Rainfall Projections.
- Sharan AM and Balasubramanian R. “Design of Four-Bar Mechanism by Neural Network Methods”. International Journal of Modelling and Simulation1 (1999).
- “Excel - Time Series Forecasting”.
- Frequency Domain Using Excel.