Advanced Applications of Computer Aided Drug Design in Pharmaceutical Sciencesd
Saurabh Punia, Ruchi Yadav, Preeti Upadhyay, Anupriya Kapoor, Ajay Kumar and Shashi Kiran Misra*
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CSJM University, Kanpur, India
*Corresponding Author: Shashi Kiran Misra, Associate Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CSJM University, Kanpur, India.
March 17, 2023; Published: May 18, 2023
The field of research known as computer-aided drug design (CADD) is expanding and has numerous facets. It includes a variety of practical and fundamental research facets. Both basic and applied research converge, enhancing each other's potential in the process. Quantum mechanics and molecular modelling research, including structure-based drug design, ligand-based drug design, database searching, and binding affinity based on knowledge of a biological target, are the theoretical underpinnings of CADD. Additionally, it offers alternatives for comprehending chemical systems in various ways, providing data that is difficult to collect through laboratory examination. The fact that CADD requires less time and money than laboratory studies is one of its main benefits. Therefore, the development of potential medications for treating a variety of diseases has become much more effective because to computer-aided drug design, or CADD. Drug discovery applications using the CADD methodology are advancing daily. Designing strong treatments with multiple targeted effects, more efficacies, and fewer side effects particularly hazardous one is the current trend in drug development. In this review we talk about the various applications of CADD in the field of pharmacy and healthcare system.
Keywords: Computer Aided Drug Design; Quantum Mechanics; Pharmacophore; Molecular Modelling Research; Docking
- Savant B., et al. “A review on computer aided drug design and its implications in drug discovery and development process”. (2019).
- Song CM., et al. “Recent advance in computer aided drug design”. Brief in Bio Information (2009).
- Hughes JP. “Principles of early drug discovery.” British Journal of Pharmacology 6 (2011): 1239-1249.
- Crasto AM. “All About Drugs. Mumbai, India”.
- Lionta G., et al. “Structure-based virtual screening for drug discovery: Principles, applications and recent advances”. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry 14 (2014): 1923-1938.
- Kalyaanamoorthy S and Chen YP. “Structure-based drug design to augment hit discovery”. Drug Discovery Today 16 (2011): 831-839.
- Anderson AC. “The process of structure-based drug design”. Chemistry and Biology 10 (2003): 787-797.
- Wlodawer A and Vondrasek J. “ Inhibitors of HIV-1 protease: A major success of structure-assisted drug design”. Annual Review of Biophysics and Biomolecular Structure 27 (1998): 249-284.
- Clark DE. “What has computer-aided molecular design ever done for drug discovery”. Expert Opinion Drug Discovery 1 (2006): 103-110.
- Rutenber EE., et al. “Binding of the anticancer drug zd1694 to E. Coli thymidylate synthase: Assessing specificity and affinity”. Structure 4 (1996): 1317-1324.
- Laurie AT., et al. “Q-SiteFinder: An energy-based method for the prediction of protein-ligand binding sites”. Bioinformatics 21 (2005): 1908-1916.
- Maria Garcia-larrosa and Maria Baer R. “FLT3 inhibitors in acute myeloid leukemia: current status and future directions”. (2017): 991-1001.
- Zhang Y., et al. “Identification of covalent binding sites targeting cryteines based on computational approaches”. Molecular Pharmaceutics9 (2016): 3106-3118.
- Grant MA. “Protein structure prediction in structure-based ligand design and virtual screening”. Combinatorial Chemistry and High Throughput Screening 12 (2009): 940-960.
- Pau L., et al. “Teleonomic acid binding pocket in prb from liberibacterasiaticus”. Frontiers in Microbiology 8 (2017): 1591.
- Ajjarapu Suchitra. Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD)- Definition, Types, Uses, Examples, Softwares (2022).
- Tardif JC., et al. “Treatment With 5-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor VIA-2291 (Atreleuton) In Patients with Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome”. Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging3 (2010): 298-307.
- Gajipara Janvi and Georrge John J. “TOOLS FOR LIGAND BASED DRUG DISCOVERY”. Recent Trends in Science and Technology (2018).
- Ramen Kalita, Ali Amir, chapter-3 applications of computer aided drug design in drug discovery, Akinik publications 43-53.
- Sliwoski Gregory., et al. “Computational Methods in Drug Discovery”. Pharmacology Review1 (2014): 334-395.
- Abrams CF and Vanden-Eijnden E. “Large-scale conformational sampling of proteins using temperature-accelerated molecular dynamics”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107 (2010): 4961-4966.
- Salman M., et al. “Advances in applying computer-aided drug design for neurodegenerative diseases”. International Journal of Molecular Sciences9 (2021): 4688.
- Surabhi S and Singh BK. “Computer aided drug design: an overview”. Journal of Drug delivery and Therapeutics5 (2018): 504-509.
- Macalino SJ., et al. “Role of computer-aided drug design in modern drug discovery”. Archives of Pharmacal Research 9 (2015): 1686-1701.
- Xiang M., et al. “Computer-aided drug design: lead discovery and optimization”. Combinatorial Chemistry and High Throughput Screening4 (2012): 328-337.
- Mei Wu., et al. “FLT3 inhibitors in acute myeloid leukemia”. Journal of Hematology and Oncology (2020): 682-696.
- Dohner H. “Acute myeloid leukaemia”. The New England Journal of Medicine 373 (2015): 1136-1152.
- Baig H M., et al. “Computer aided drug design: success and limitations”. Current Pharmaceutical Designs5 (2016).