Development and Characterization of Vanishing Cream
Shashank Yadav1, Prerana Sahu1, Prachi Bhimte1, Nemendra Sahu1, Shweta Sarparaj1, Harish Sharma2 and Gyanesh Kumar Sahu2*
1Rungta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, India
2Rungta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, India
*Corresponding Author: Gyanesh Kumar Sahu, Professor and Dean, Rungta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, India.
April 14, 2023; Published: May 10, 2023
Herbal vanishing cream has various advantages over existing cosmetic vanishing cream found in the market. Due to zero side effect of herbal vanishing cream, these are formulated. As every individual in today’s world need a healthy, flawless, acne free skin and naturally glowing skin hence, herbal vanishing cream are gaining popularity. The most of existing cream which has been prepared from drugs of synthetic origin, such as acyclovir, triamcinolone, calcipotriene, mometason which gives more fairness to the skin but may have various side effects such as itching or kinds of allergic reaction. The cream is oil in water emulsion. The current work is to present vanishing cream containing natural base was pleasant, effective, easily washable and completely safe for human use. In contrast with ointments, which are greasy and messy in nature and may cause staining of clothes, the prepared natural palm oil based vanishing cream was pleasant, easily washable thereby increasing patient compliance.
Keywords: Vanishing Cream; Aloe Vera
- RE Ugandar RE and Deivi KS. “Formulation and evaluation of natural palm oil based vanishing cream”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research9 (2013): 3375-3380.
- Ravindra RP and Muslim PK. “Comparison of physical characteristics of vanishing Cream base, cow ghee and shata-dhauta-ghrita as per pharmacopoeial standards”. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 4 (2013): 14-21.
- Kokate CK., et al. “PHARMACOGNOSY”. Nirali Prakashan, Forty Second edition (2008).
- "Curcuma caesiaRoxb". The Plant List. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and Missouri Botanical Garden (2014).
- Pawar A and Gaud RS. “Modern Dispensing Pharmacy”. Career publication, Second edition (2005): 227.
- Das K., et al. “Evaluation for safety assessment of formulated vanishing cream containing aqueous Stevia extract for topical application”. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery1 (2012): 43-51.
- KM Ho. “Proper Choice of Base of Topical Medicaments”. Medical Bulletin, Vol.11 No.5 May 2006 Medical Bulletin 11.9 (2006): 7-8.
- Krishnan N., et al. “Formulation and evalution of herbal vanishing cream”.
- Glaze AL. “VANISHING CREAM.” Archives of Dermatology and Syphilology4 (1934): 597.
- Poucher WA. “Pearly vanishing creams”. La Parfumerie Moderne1 (1924): 6-7.
- RE Ugandar RE and Deivi KS. “Formulation and evaluation of natural palm oil based vanishing cream”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research9 (2019): 3375-3380.
- Kuchekar S and Bhise K. “Formulation and development of anti psoriatic herbal gel cream”. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research 71 (2012): 279- 284.
- Saraf S., et al. “Development of photo chemoprotective herbs containing cosmetic formulations for improving skin properties”. Journal of Cosmetic Science 63 (2012): 119-131.
- Akhtar N., et al. “Evaluation of various functional skin parameters using a topical cream of Calendula officinalis extract”. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology2 (2011): 199-206.
- More BH., et al. “Evaluation of Sunscreen activity of Cream containing Leaves Extract of Buteamonosperma for Topical application”. International Journal of Research in Cosmetic Science1 (2013): 1-6.
- Sahu Alakh N., et al. “Formulation and Evaluation of Curcuminoid Based Herbal Face Cream”. Indo-Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences1 (2012): 77-84.
- Moghimipour E., et al. “Clinical trial of a herbal topical cream in treatment of Acne vulgaris”. American Journal of Pharmatech Research (2014).
- Sujith S Nair., et al. “Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Cream containing Curcuma longa”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences 1.4 (2012).
- A Premkumar., et al. “Formulation And Evaluation Of Cream Containing Antifungal Agents”. Antibacterial Agents and Corticosteroids; J.D. Med., October 6.2 (2014): 5-16.
- Ashish Aswal., et al. “Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal cosmetic cream”. Der Pharmacia Lettre1 (2013): 83-88.
- Kuchekar S and Bhise K. “Formulation and development of anti psoriatic herbal gel cream”. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research 71 (2012): 279284.
- Matangi S P., et al. “Formulation and Evaluation of Anti Aging Poly Herbal Cream”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 2 (2014): 133-136.
- Saraf S and Saraf S. “Cosmetics: a practical manual”. Third Edition. Pharma Med Press (2019): 1-150.