Editorial onDietary Fat
Melaku Tafese Awulachew*
Food Science and Nutrition Research, Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research, Ethiopia
*Corresponding Author: Melaku Tafese Awulachew, Food Science and Nutrition Research, Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research, Ethiopia.
June 28, 2022; Published: July 01, 2022
Cardiovascular disease is still the world's leading cause of death . Dyslipidemia is one of the most important risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Dyslipidemia is caused by a disruption in lipoprotein metabolism, of which dietary fat absorption is a prominent component.
Keywords: Absorption Advance; Bile Acid; Apolipoprotein; Lipoprotein; Lipid; Gut; Chylomicron; Very Low-Density Lipoproteins; Lymph
- WHO (2020).
- Cifarelli V., et al. “Editorial: the role of the lymphatic system in lipid and energy metabolism, and immune homeostasis during obesity and diabetes”. Frontiers in Physiology 12 (2021): 652461.
- Levy E., et al. “From Congenital Disorders of Fat Malabsorption to Understanding Intra-Enterocyte Mechanisms behind Chylomicron Assembly and Secretion”. Frontiers in Physiology 12 (2021): 629222.
- Kusters D M., et al. “Dilemmas in treatment of women with familial hypercholesterolaemia during pregnancy”. Netherlands Journal of Medicine 68 (2010): 299-303.
- Fitzpatrick LR and Jenabzadeh P. “IBD and Bile Acid Absorption: Focus on Pre-clinical and Clinical Observations”. Frontiers in Physiology 11 (2020): 564.
- Vitek, L. “Bile acid malabsorption in inflammatory bowel disease”. Inflammatory Bowel Disease 21 (2015): 476-483.
- Lo CC and Coschigano KT. “ApoB48 as an Efficient Regulator of Intestinal Lipid Transport”. Frontiers in Physiology 11 (2020): 796.
- Lo C M., et al. “Why does the gut choose apolipoprotein B48 but not B100 for chylomicron formation?” American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 294 (2008): G344-G352.
- Trevaskis NL., et al. “Intestinal Lymph Flow, and Lipid and Drug Transport Scale Allometrically From Pre-clinical Species to Humans”. Frontiers in Physiology 11 (2020): 458.
- McMillan DW., et al. “Effect of Paraplegia on the Time Course of Exogenous Fatty Acid Incorporation into the Plasma Triacylglycerol Pool in the Postprandial State”. Frontiers in Physiology 12 (2021): 626003.