Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences (ASPS)(ISSN: 2581-5423)

Research Article Volume 6 Issue 3

Assessment of Report and Requisition Form (RRF) Data Quality, in Case of EPSA Bahirdar Branch

Zewdu Tessema* and Zelalem Tilahun

1BSc in Pharmacy at Debre Tabor Health Science College
2 Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics and Social Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, College of Health Science, AddisAbaba University, AddisAbaba, Ethiopia

*Corresponding Author: Zewdu Tessema, BSc in Pharmacy at Debre Tabor Health Science College.

Received: June 03, 2021; Published: February 28, 2022

Abstract

Supply chain facilities including service delivery points should maintain the data quality of their reports and also submit their reports within the specified schedule, especially for program drugs like HIV, TB, malaria, maternal and child health and family planning products. The aim of this case study was assessment of RRF report data quality, in case of EPSA Bahirdar hub. from Jan 20/2021, to Feb 12/2021 used both quantitative for secondary data and qualitative research methods for face-to-face interview by using semi structured questionaries in a single facility based cross-sectional descriptive study design.
A total of 127 RRF report included and analyzed in this case study by using three data quality dimensions i.e., accuracy, completeness and time lines. From a total of 127 RRF reports 46(36.2%) were accurate but the remaining 81(63.8%) reports were inaccurate and 87(68.5%) were complete but the rest 40(31.5%) were incomplete and also 96(75.59%) were submitted to the hub on time before 10th day after the reporting period.
Almost all respondents said that reliable and complete RRF report is very important to have accurate forecasting approach and optimal distribution performance if it is reached on time. If health facilities report their consumption data correctly to the hub, the hub will supply the needed items

Keywords: Report and Requisition Form; Data Quality; Health Commodities and Wastage Rate

References

  1. Data quality review, WHO Press (2017).
  2. Ethiopian pharmaceuticals Supply Agency (PFSA). “Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) in Health Facilities of Ethiopia”. (2017): 1-118.
  3. Tiye K and Gudeta T. “Logistics management information system performance for program drugs in public health facilities of East Wollega Zone, Oromia regional state, Ethiopia”. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making1 (2018): 1-14.
  4. MEASURE Evaluation. “User Manual: Routine Data Quality Assessment RDQA User Manual | 1”. MEASURE Evaluation, (October) (2015).
  5. Wongiel S., et al. “An Assessment of Pharmaceutical Waste Management by Pharmaceutical Industries and Importers in and Around Addis Ababa, Ethiopia”. Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management4 (2018): 425-440.
  6. “Data Quality Audit Tool” (2008).
  7. Triyanto J., et al. “No 主観的健康感を中心とした在宅高齢者における 健康関連指標に関する共分散構造分析Title”. Jurnal Sains dan Seni ITS1 (2017): 51-66.
  8. Kebede M., et al. “Evaluation of quality and use of health management information system in primary health care units of east Wollega zone, Oromia regional state, Ethiopia”. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making1 (2020): 1-12.
  9. Befekadu A., et al. “Inventory management performance for laboratory commodities in public hospitals of Jimma zone, Southwest Ethiopia”. Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice1 (2020): 1-12.
  10. Health B. “Systems Improved Access Pharmaceuticals Services Annual Report: Program Year” 4 (2015).
  11. Silvola R., et al. “Data quality assessment and improvement”. International Journal of Business Information Systems1 (2016): 62-81.
  12.  

Citation

Citation: Zewdu Tessema and Zelalem Tilahun. “Assessment of Report and Requisition Form (RRF) Data Quality, in Case of EPSA Bahirdar Branch". Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences 6.3 (2022): 47-55.

Copyright

Copyright: © 2022 Zewdu Tessema and Zelalem Tilahun. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.




Metrics

Acceptance rate32%
Acceptance to publication20-30 days

Indexed In




News and Events


  • Certification for Review
    Acta Scientific certifies the Editors/reviewers for their review done towards the assigned articles of the respective journals.
  • Submission Timeline for Upcoming Issue
    The last date for submission of articles for regular Issues is July 10, 2022.
  • Publication Certificate
    Authors will be issued a "Publication Certificate" as a mark of appreciation for publishing their work.
  • Best Article of the Issue
    The Editors will elect one Best Article after each issue release. The authors of this article will be provided with a certificate of “Best Article of the Issue”.
  • Welcoming Article Submission
    Acta Scientific delightfully welcomes active researchers for submission of articles towards the upcoming issue of respective journals.
  • Contact US