Analytical Techniques for the Assay of Tulobuterol - A Review
Bandi Chandini Ruchita and Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna*
GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam, India
*Corresponding Author: Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna, GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam, India.
July 28, 2021; Published: August 12, 2021
Tulobuterol is a potent bronchodilator and chemically it is 1-(o-chloro phenyl)-2-tert-butyl amino ethanol alpha-((tert-butyl amino) methyl)-o-chloro benzyl alcohol. In comparison to other analogues Tulobuterol has a long acting effect. Various analytical techniques such as gas chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, spectrophotometry, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry etc. so far developed for the quantification of Tulobuterol in pharmaceutical formulations were reviewed and the significant parameters were highlighted.
Keywords: Tulobuterol; Syrup; BREMAX
- Uemastu T., et al. “The pharmacokinetics of the β2-adrenoreceptors agonist, Tulobuterol, given transdermally and by inhalation”. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 44 (1993): 361-364.
- Fukuchi Y., et al. “Clinical efficacy and safety of transdermal tulobuterol in the treatment of stable COPD: an open-label comparison with inhaled Salmeterol”. Respiratory Medicine 6 (2005): 447-455.
- Ravindra Reddy Y and Krishana KVM. “Method development and validation of Tulobuterol in API and its pharmaceutical dosage forms by UV Spectrophotometry”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research11 (2013): 4258-4262.
- Ravindra Reddy Y., et al. “Extractive method development and validation of Tulobuterol in api and its pharmaceutical dosage forms by spectrophotometry”. International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutical Analysis1 (2013): 20-23.
- Kavita Parui and Snehalatha Boddu “Analytical method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the determination of Tulobuterol in transdermal drug delivery system”. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research5 (2017): 1148-1156.
- LIU Zhi-mei., et al. “Determination of Tulobuterol in Tulobuterol transdermal patch by HPLC”. Chinese Journal of Hospital Pharmacy12 (2010): 996-999.
- Longmei Cheng., et al. “Quantification of Tulobuterol, a selective β2 adrenergic agonist, in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry”. Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences7 (2016): 526-534.
- Xiao Han., et al. “Determination of Tulobuterol in rat plasma using a liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry method and its application to a pharmacokinetic study of Tulobuterol patch”. Journal of Chromatography B 1008 (2016): 108-114.
- Fengguo Xu., et al. “High-performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization mass spectrometry determination of Tulobuterol in rabbit's plasma”. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 1 (2005): 187-193.
- XU Feng-Guo., et al. “Determination of Tulobuterol in rabbit′s plasma by LC/MS and study of its pharmacokinetics”. Journal of China Pharmaceutical University2 (2005): 146-149.
- Kugako Matsumura., et al. “Quantitative determination of Tulobuterol and its metabolites in human urine by mass fragmentography”. Journal of Chromatography1 (1981): 53-60.
- Kugako Matsumura., et al. “Determination of Tulobuterol in human serum by electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography”. Journal of Chromatography B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications1 (1982): 148-153.
- Thienpont LM., et al. “Measurement of Tulobuterol in human plasma by capillary gas chromatography and selected ion monitoring detection”. Biomedical and Environmental Mass Spectrometry 11 (1987): 613-616.