Does the Use of Piercing Can Harm Health and Lead to Obesity?
Huang Wei Ling*
Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Acupuncture and Pain Management, Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil
*Corresponding Author: Huang Wei Ling, Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Acupuncture and Pain Management, Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil.
July 31, 2021; Published: August 12, 2021
Today the author wants to talk about one thing she never saw in any scientific publications about the possible harmful effects that the use of piercings could cause in the human body. What she will say in this article came from the observation from her daily clinical practice in Brazil.
There is some article sin the literature, one of them written by Holbrook in an article entitled Body piercing: complications and prevention of health risks, where the author is saying about some complications related to the physical aspects of when putting piercing inside the body. This complication could be: local or systemic infections (viral hepatitis), bleeding, toxic shock syndromes, and distant infections such as endocarditis and brain abscesses have been reported. Other side effects that the use of piercing could induce is nerve damage, keloid formation and scarring .
- Holbrook J., et al. “Body piercing: complications and prevention of health risks”. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology1 (2012): 1-17.
- Ling HW. “What have behind in all kinds of infections that we need to know?” Journal of Investigative Oncology 1 (2021): 18-21.
- Capra Fritjof. The Tao Of Physics : an Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism. Berkeley : [New York]. :Shambhala ; distributed in the U.S. by Random House (1975).
- Huang WL. “Why do Patients Still Catch Hospital Infections Despite the Practice of Infection Prevention and Control Programs?” Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2018): 34-43.
- Huang WL. “Why Are Diabetic Patients Still Having Hyperglycemia despite Diet Regulation, Antiglycemic Medication and Insulin?” International Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorder2 (2019): 1-14.
- Huang WL. “Energy Alterations as the Underlying Cause of Primary Hypertension?” Journal of Nephrology2 (2019): 33-44.
- Huang WL. “Why patients with knee pain still have symptoms despite the use of anti-inflammatory medications”. Journal of Clinical Anesthesiology: Open Access2 (2020): 21-7.
- Stahnisch F and Verhoef M. “The flexner report of 1910 and its impact on complementary and alternative medicine and psychiatry in north america in the 20th century". Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012 (2012): 647896.
- Duffy T. “The Flexner Report ― 100 Years Later”. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine 3 (2011): 269-276.
- Chase CR. “The Geometry of Emotions: Using Chakra Acupuncture and 5-Phase Theory to Describe Personality Archetypes for Clinical Use”. Medical Acupuncture 30 (2018): 167-178.
- Huang WL. “Can Biomaterial Surgical Implants Influence the Body’ s Health”. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences9 (2019): 62-71.
- Clark Manning Louis Vanrenen. Bioenergetic Medicines East and West: Acupuncture and Homeopathy Paperback - February 9 (1993).
- Huang WL. “Energies Alterations and Chakras’ Energies Deficiencies as the Main Cause of Rhinitis”. Journal of Immunology and Immunotherapy 4 (2021): 009.
- Huang WL. “The Importance of Correcting Energy Imbalances in the Prevention and Treatment of Câncer”. Advances in Cancer Research and Clinical Imaging1 (2020): 1-10.
- Huang WL. “The Importance of Correcting Energy Imbalances in the Prevention and Treatment of Myocardial Infarction”. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences6 (2020): 20-27.
- Huang WL. “Energies Alterations and Chakras Energies Deficiencies as Underlying Cause of Essential Tremors”. Clinical Research in Neurologyis2 (2020): 1-9.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Energy Alterations and Chakras’ Energy Deficiencies and Propensity to SARS-CoV-2 Infection". Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2021): 167-196.
- Huang WL. “Are We Vaccinating Immunocompetent or Immunocompromised People for COVID 19?” Journal of Vaccines Research and Vaccination 7 (2021): 018.
- PERINI Mauro. Chinese Diet Therapy. 2nd edition. LIVRARIA E EDITORA ANDREOLI (2020).
- Huang Wei Ling. “Is the Medication used in Intubation of Patients with Covid-19 Affecting the Outcome of the Patient’s Treatment?”. Archives of Anesthesiology1 (2021): 01-03
- LEESER O. “Support of homeopathy by the Arndt-Schulz law”. National Center for Biotechnology Information. 1953/ Jul 31 (1953).
- Huang Wei Ling. “Is the Population in the World the Same as in the Past?". Acta Scientific Clinical Case Reports 6 (2021).