Analytical Techniques for the Assay of Valganciclovir - A Review
Borra Yeswanth Kumar and Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna*
GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam, India
*Corresponding Author: Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna, GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam, India.
May 22, 2021; Published: June 11, 2021
Valganciclovir is an anti-viral drug used for the treatment of Cytomegaloviral infection in patients with HIV/AIDS and also for the treatment after the organ transplantation and it suppress the infection on long term use instead of curing the infection. In the present paper the authors have reviewed the analytical methods already published till now in the literature for the estimation of Valganciclovir in pharmaceutical formulations and in biological samples.
Keywords: Valganciclovir; Analytical Techniques
- Winston DJ., et al. “Randomized comparison of Ganciclovir and high-dose Acyclovir to prevent cytomegalovirus for long term cytomegalovirus prophylaxis in liver transplant recipients”. Lancet 346 (1995): 43-50.
- Pescovitz MD. “Valganciclovir”. Transplantation Review 20 (2006): 82-87.
- Paya C., et al. “Efficacy and safety of Valganciclovir vs. oral Ganciclovir for prevention of cytomegalovirus disease in solid organ transplant recipients”. American Journal of Transplantation 4 (2004): 611-620.
- Pescovitz MD. “Valganciclovir: dosing strategies for effective CMV prevention”. Trends in Transplantation 1 (2007): 35-43.
- Khoury JA., et al. “Prophylactic versus preemptive oral Valganciclovir for the management of cytomegalovirus infection in adult renal transplant recipients”. American Journal of Transplantation 6 (2006): 2134-2143.
- Sumanta Mondal., et al. “Development and validation of few UV spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Valganciclovir in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms”. Pharmaceutical Methods2 (2018): 64-68.
- Bahlul Z Awen., et al. “New simple UV spectrophotometric method for the estimation of Valganciclovir in bulk and its formulation”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Studies and Research1 (2011): 1-5.
- Karthik K., et al. “New UV Spectrophotometric method for development and validation of Valganciclovir Hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms”. International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Analysis 7.2 (2020): 1-7.
- Abdulrahman SAM., et al. “Development of non-aqueous titrimetric and Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Valganciclovir Hydrochloride in bulk drug and tablets”. Annales Pharmaceutiques Françaises: (2021).
- Dogan-Topal B., et al. “Development and validation of an RP-HPLC method for determination of Valganciclovir in human serum and tablets”. Chromatographia 66 (2007): S97-S101.
- Mathrusri Annapurna M., et al. “Stability indicating liquid chromatographic method for the quantitative determination of Valganciclovir in pharmaceutical dosage forms”. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics3 (2013): 64-70.
- Rao T., et al. “Development and validation of new stability indicating HPLC method for determination of Valganciclovir in tablet dosage form”. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 4 (2012): 101-104.
- Surya Naga Malleswara Rao Ch., et al. “A validated LC method for the determination of chiral purity of (S)-2-azido-3-methylbutanoic acid: A key raw material of Valganciclovir hydrochloride”. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 4 (2011): 22-28.
- Suresh Kumar R., et al. “Development of a RP-LC method for a diastereomeric drug Valganciclovir hydrochloride by enhanced approach”. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 70 (2012): 101-110.
- Katja Heinig., et al. “Determination of Ganciclovir and its prodrug Valganciclovir by hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry”. Journal of Chromatography B 879 (2011): 436-442.
- Onkar Singh., et al. “Determination of Valganciclovir and Ganciclovir in human plasma by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometric detection”. Clinical Biochemistry 10-11 (2011): 907-915.
- Xu HR., et al. “A sensitive assay for simultaneous determination of plasma concentrations of Valganciclovir and its active metabolite Ganciclovir by LC/MS/MS”. Journal of Chromatography B 2 (2007): 329-334.
- Sawant S and Barge V. “A validated stability indicating RP-HPLC method for Valganciclovir, identification and characterization of forced degradation products of Valganciclovir using LC-MS/MS”. Acta Chromatographia1 (2014): 29-42.
- Derangula VR., et al. “Development and validation of a sensitive and rugged LC-MS/MS method for evaluation of Valganciclovir and its active metabolite Ganciclovir in human plasma”. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 4 (2019): 747-756.