Reconstruction with Mixed Technique of Tibial Spine Fracture with Anterior
Cruciate Ligament Injury, about a Rare Case
Vasquez H, Valdecantos P, Freire M*, Riquelme J and Echeverría F
Department of Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma, Hospital Exequiel Gonzales Cortes,
University Santiago de Chile, Chile
*Corresponding Author: Freire M, Department of Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma, Hospital Exequiel Gonzales Cortes, University Santiago de Chile, Chile.
April 27, 2023; Published: June 19, 2023
Today children constantly gain greater sports skills compared to previous decades. Sometimes, the incorporation of sports skills occurs opportunely in the daily game, which in most cases is without the supervision of a professional in the area or without the necessary security measures. Beside the fact that it is not recommended or demonstrated by studies. Such as the meta-analysis recently reported by Neruu., et al. in Atlanta, early professional training occurs among children from 8 to 12 years of age, having serious consequences in the child patient with acute injuries that in some cases become chronic .
Keywords:Tibial Spine; Fracture; Anterior Cruciate Ligament; Injury
- Jayanthi Neeru , et al. “Health Consequences of Youth Sport Specialization”. Journal of Athletic Training 54.10 (2019): 1040-1049.
- Samet Jonathan “Pediatric Sports Injuries”. Clinics in Sports Medicine 40.4 (2021): 781-799.
- Stallone Stefano., et al. “Good Subjective Outcomes, Stable Knee and High Return to Sport after Tibial Eminence Avulsion Fracture in Children”. Children (Basel, Switzerland)10 (2020): 173.
- Anderson CN and Anderson AF. “Tibial Eminence Fractures”. Clinics in Sports Medicine 4 (2011): 727-742.
- Green Daniel., et al. “A New, MRI-Based Classification System for Tibial Spine Fractures Changes Clinical Treatment Recommendations When Compared to Myers and Mckeever”. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy: Official Journal of the ESSKA1 (2019): 86-92.
- Callanan , et al. “Suture versus Screw Fixation of Tibial Spine Fractures in Children and Adolescents: A Comparative Study”. Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine 7.11 (2019): 2325967119881961.
- Strauss Eric J., et al. “Arthroscopic Management of Tibial Spine Avulsion Fractures: Principles and Techniques”. The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 10 (2018): 360-367.
- Salzmann GM., et al. “Articular Cartilage Repair of the Knee in Children and Adolescents”. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 3 (2018): 2325967118760190.
- De , et al. “The incidence of pediatric tibial spine fractures is greater and peaks later in male patients”. Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, and Rehabilitation 4.2 (2022): e639-e643.
- MEYERS MH and McKEEVER “Fracture of the intercondylar eminence of the tibia”. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American Volume 41-A.2 (1959): 209-222.
- Zaricznyj B. “Avulsion fracture of the tibial eminence: treatment by open reduction and pinning”. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American Volume 8 (1977): 1111-1114.
- Green , et al. “A new, MRI-based classification system for tibial spine fractures changes clinical treatment recommendations when compared to Myers and Mckeever”. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy: Official Journal of the ESSKA 27.1 (2019): 86-92.
- Melugin HP., et al. “Do Tibial Eminence Fractures and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tears Have Similar Outcomes?” Orthopedic journal of sports medicine12 (2018): 2325967118811854.
- Li Y., et al. “Enlarged tibial eminence may be a protective factor of anterior cruciate ligament”. Medical Hypotheses 110230 (2020): 110230.
- Johnson , et al. “Incidence of associated knee injury in pediatric tibial eminence fractures. The Journal of Knee Surgery 27.3 (2014): 215-219.
- Allahabadi S., et al. “Influential Articles on Pediatric and Adolescent Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries: A Bibliometric Analysis”. Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine6 (2021): 23259671211010772.
- Mayo MH., et al. “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury at the Time of Anterior Tibial Spine Fracture in Young Patients”. Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics (2017):