Monocyte New Kid on Block
Danial Shah1, Kishen Parekh2 and Munawar Shah3
1University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
2New Cross Hospital, United Kingdom
3Walsall West Midlands, United Kingdom
*Corresponding Author: Munawar Shah, Walsall West Midlands, United Kingdom.
September 19, 2022; Published: October 05, 2022
Biologics has come a long way from visco supplementation and microfracture to oral supplements and now Orthobiologics. They are now in clinical realityMonocytes is the new kid on the block.
The function uses and method to harvest monocytes with charged gravity assisted selected filtration is discussed.
This is in its early stages and more work needs to be done to look into long term outcomes.
Literature is presented to better understand monocytes and process of harvesting.
Keywords: Monocyte; New Kid; Block
- T Neoga. “The epidemiology and impact of pain in osteoarthritis”. Osteoarthritis Cartilage9 (2013): 1145-1153.
- Saulat Mushtaq., et al. “Non-surgical treatment of osteoarthritis-related pain in the elderly”. Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine 3 (2011): 113-122.
- Mandeep S Dhillon., et al. “Orthobiologics and platelet rich plasma”. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 1 (2014): 1-9.
- Hunt TJ. “Editorial Commentary: The Time Has Come to Try Intra-articular Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections for Your Patients with Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis.
- David Webb and Poobalan Naidoo. “Visco-suplemntation for knee osteoarthritis: a focus on Hylan G-F 20”. Orthopedic Research and Reviews 10 (2018): 73-81.
- “VISCOSUPPLEMENTATION” Márcia Uchôa de Rezende and Gustavo Constantino de Campos”. Revista Brasileira de Ortopedia 2 (2012): 160-164.
- Brian J Cole., et al. “Microfracture Its History and Experience of the Developing Surgeon”. Cartilage 2 (2010): 78-86.
- Alexander E Weber., et al. “Clinical Outcomes after Microfracture of the Knee: Midterm Follow-up”. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 2 (2018): 2325967117753572.
- Zafar Ahmad., et al. “The role of platelet rich plasma in musculoskeletal science”. JRSM Short Reports 6 (2012): 40.
- , et al. “Platelet-Rich Plasma in Orthopaedic Surgery a Critical Analysis Review”. JBJS Reviews 5.9 (2017): 7.
- Braun HJ., et al. “The effect of platelet-rich plasma formulations and blood products on human synoviocytes: implications for intra-articular injury and therapy”. American Journal of Sports Medicine 5 (2014): 1204-1210.
- Christophe Milants., et al. “Responders to Platelet-Rich Plasma in Osteoarthritis: A Technical Analysis”. BioMed Research International (2017): 11.
- Rachad Zayni., et al. “Platelet-rich plasma as a treatment for chronic patellar tendinopathy: comparison of a single versus two consecutive injections”. Muscle, Ligaments and Tendons Journal 2 (2015): 92-98.
- Farkash U., et al. “First clinical experience with a new injectable recombinant human collagen scaffold combined with autologous platelet-rich plasma for the treatment of lateral epicondylar tendinopathy (tennis elbow)”. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 28 (2019): 503-509.
- Adam Kovacs-Litman and Ilan Vonderwalde. “Monocyte-Derived Macrophages Modulate Inflammation and Promote Long-Term Functional Recovery in a Mouse Model of Ischemia”. Journal of Neuroscience 38 (2016): 9757-9759.
- Somsak Wattananit., et al. “Monocyte-Derived Macrophages Contribute to Spontaneous Long-Term Functional Recovery after Stroke in Mice”. Journal of Neuroscience15 (2016): 4182-4195.
- Fangming Xiu and Marc G Jeschke. “Perturbed mononuclear phagocyte system in severely burned and septic patients”. Shock2 (2013): 81-88.
- Alejandro Gómez-Aristizábal., et al. “Synovial fluid monocyte/macrophage subsets and their correlation to patient-reported outcomes in osteoarthritic patients: a cohort study”. Arthritis Research and Therapy26 (2019).
- Ogle ME., et al. “Monocytes and macrophages in tissue repair: Implications for immuno regenerative biomaterial design”. Experimental Biology and Medicine (Maywood)10 (2016): 1084-1097.
- Bruno A., et al. Regenerative medicine to prevent early osteoarthritis onset on late and former soccer Players. “28th Isokinetic Medical Group Conference Wembley London Convention Centre, April 2019 "Football Medicine the Players' voices" (2019).
- Ogle ME., et al. “Monocytes and macrophages in tissue repair: Implications for immunoregenerative biomaterial design”. Experimental Biology and Medicine (2016).
- Sukubo NG., et al. “Effect of shock waves on macrophages: A possible role in tissue regeneration and remodelling”. International Journal of Surgery (2015).