Medical Statistics, Critical Thinking, New Technology in Treating Spine Pain;
and the Role of Open Access Journals
Department of Spine and Joint Clinic, Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
*Corresponding Author: Department of Spine and Joint Clinic, Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
June 27, 2022; Published: July 26, 2022
Barak Obama, the 44th President of the United States said, ‘Change is never easy, but is always possible’ . Closer to home, Mahatma Gandhi said, ‘An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained’ .
- Obama B.
- Gandhi M.
- Kirkwood, Betty R. “Essential Medical Statistics”. Blackwell Science, Inc., 350 Main Street, Malden, Massachusetts 02148-5020, USA: Blackwell (2003).
- Glaser EM. “An Experiment in the development of Critical thinking” (1941).
- Smith Pell. “Parachute use to prevent death and major trauma related to gravitational challenge: systematic review of randomised controlled trials”. BMJ 327 (2003):1459.
- H Singh. “Lumbar intradiscal treatments: A comparison between 5 modalities (Physiotherapy/Chiropractic, IDET, Dekompressor, Nucleoplasty, Disc-Fx) in 592 cases in a single surgeon's practise”. World Forum for Spine Research (2012).
- Jacobs WC., et al. “Evidence for surgery in degenerative lumbar spine disorders”. Best practise and Research Clinical Rheumatology (2013): 73-79.
- Gibson J and Waddell G. “Surgery for Degenerative lumbar spondylosis”. Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews 4 (2005).
- Yu SW., et al. “Comparison of Dynesys posterior stabilisation for spinal stenosis L4/5”. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica 78 (2012): 230-239.
- Zhang Y Wan., et al. “Emerging Issues Questioning the Current Treatment Strategies for Lumbar Disc Herniation”. Frontiers of Surgery 9 (2022): 814531.
- Miller LE and Block JE. “Interspinous spacer implant in patients with lumbar spinal stenosis: preliminary results of a multicentre, randomised, controlled trial”. Pain Research and Treatment (2012): 823509.
- H Singh. “Motion Sparing Surgery in Lumbar Spine Degeneration: Chapter 35, in The Spine: Principles and Practice; Sohail, Lenke, Abumi, Samdani (Eds), Update Book Company, Lahore (2018).