Platelet Rich Plasma in SNHL
Brajpal Tyagi* and Manika Teotia
Department of ENT, Harsh ENT Hospital, India
*Corresponding Author: Brajpal Tyagi, Department of ENT, Harsh ENT Hospital, India.
January 26, 2023; Published: February 15, 2023
In India, deafness is the most common disability accounting of more than 6.3 million sufferers. It has been estimated that four in every 1000 children suffer from severe to profound hearing loss. Around 100,000 babies are in-born with this disability. The estimated childhood onset deafness was found to be 2-4% [1,2].
- Varshney S. “Deafness in India”. Indian Journal of Otology2 (2016): 73-76.
- Davey S., et al. “Impact of indian public health standards for rural health care facilities on national programme for control of deafness in India: The results of a cohort study”. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care 4 (2018): 780-786.
- Tyagi BBPS and Rout M. “Platelet rich plasma (PRP): a revolutionary treatment of sensorineural hearing loss”. Acta Scientific Otolaryngology 4 (2019): 2-5.
- Dohan Ehrenfest DM., et al. “Classification of platelet concentrates (Platelet-Rich Plasma-PRP, Platelet-Rich Fibrin-PRF) for topical and infiltrative use in orthopedic and sports medicine: current consensus, clinical implications and perspectives”. Muscles Ligaments Tendons Journal1 (2014): 3-9.
- Bear ZW and Mikulec AA. “Intratympanic steroid therapy for treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss”. Missouri Medicine 111 (2014): 352‐356.
- Fradis M., et al. “Treatment of Meniere’s disease by intratympanic injection with lidocaine”. Archives of Otolaryngology 8 (1985): 491-493.
- Gouveris H., et al. “Intratympanic dexamethasone with hyaluronic acid in the treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss after failure of intravenous steroid and vasoactive therapy”. European Archives of Otorhinolaryngology 2 (2005): 131-134.
- Hobson CE., et al. “Primary treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss with intratympanic dexamethasone”. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 5 (2016): 407-412.
- Ng JH., et al. “Intratympanic steroids as a salvage treatment for sudden sensorineural hearing loss? A meta-analysis”. European Archives of Otorhinolaryngology 10 (2015): 2777-2782.
- Scott-Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 7th edn, Table 238e.6, Intra tympanic Dexamethasone for ISSNHL.