José Luis Treviño-González1, Victor Samual Zuñiga-Marquez2, German A Soto-Galindo2*, José Rosmal Cortés-Ponce2 and Luis Garza-Montelongo2
1Chief of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital, Monterrey, Mexico
2Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital, Monterrey, Mexico
*Corresponding Author: José Rosmal Cortés Ponce, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital, Monterrey, Mexico.
Received: January 24, 2022; Published: February 22, 2022
Objective: To describe the sociodemographic, clinical, and surgical characteristics of pediatric patients who come for evaluation for laryngeal papillomatosis and associate them with their clinical outcomes.
Methods: Retrospective observational, longitudinal, and descriptive cohort. The medical records of patients who met the selection criteria were reviewed from January 2014 to August 2021.
Results: The average age at which these patients were diagnosed was 4.68 ± 3.26 years. From the diagnosis, it was found that the mean of interventions that they required later was 7.53 ± 8.28 throughout their lives and that the most predominant symptom in these patients was dysphonia, presenting in 14 (73.7%) subjects and that this same symptom it was found to be a factor associated with a greater number of interventions in these patients with a significance of p = .04. Unfortunately, the most frequent severities of dysplasia were moderate and severe with 8 (42%) and 7 (36%) patients respectively, which if we consider them together represent 78% of the studied population.
Conslusion: We fund that the median average survival in the three reoperation periods was approximately 6 months. The risk factor that had the greatest statistical significance based on its association with reinterventions was the age of onset of sexual life.
The mean age at which these patients were diagnosed was 4.68 years. The mean interventions required was 7.53 throughout their lives and that the most predominant symptom in these patients was dysphonia. The most frequent severities of dysplasia were moderate and severe.
Keywords: Laryngeal Papillomatosis; Pediatric Otolaryngology; Human Papillomavirus; Recurrent Laryngeal Papillomatosis
Citation: German A Soto-Galindo., et al. “Age of Sexual Life Onset as a Risk Factor for Reintervention in Pediatric Laryngeal Papillomatosis Patients".Acta Scientific Otolaryngology 4.3 (2022): 02-08.
Copyright: © 2022 German A Soto-Galindo., et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.