Somno-Esophagoscopy III - The ENT-Specialist, Doorkeeper of Aerodigestive Tract
Michael GJ Schedler*
ENT-Specialist, Head and Neck Surgeon, Former Head and Chair of Department ORLHNS, Germanamerican Hospital Ramstein, Ramstein, Germany
*Corresponding Author: Michael GJ Schedler, ENT-Specialist, Head and Neck Surgeon, Former Head and Chair of Department ORLHNS, Germanamerican Hospital Ramstein, Ramstein, Germany.
July 06, 2021; Published: July 22, 2021
Croft and Pringle were first to propose a sleep endoscopic procedure in 1991  in drug induced sleep “DISE”. Since they used first midazolam as a sedating agent, the procedure was named “MISE” midazolam induced sleep endoscopy. Today propofol is the preferred narcotic agent to allow for naso-pharyngo-laryngoscopy by means of a fiberoptic endoscope or chip on tip video-endoscopes.
- Croft CB and Pringle M. “Sleep nasendoscopy: a technique of assessment in snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea”. Clinical Otolaryngology and Allied Sciences5 (1991): 504-509.
- Caparroz F., et al. “Laryngopharyngeal reflux and dysphagia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: is there an association?” Sleep Breath2 (2019): 619-626.
- Videosomno-esophagoscopy, a new endoscopic tool in extended diagnostics of sleep disordered breathing, Schedler MGJ (author); Botev I (author) 2013, 84th Annual Meeting of the German Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery; 20130508-20130512; Nürnberg (2013).
- Schedler MGJ and Botev I. “Video-Somno-Oesophagoskopie II – wie entsteht die axiale Gleithernie? 85. Jahresversammlung der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Heilkunde, Kopf- und Hals-Chirurgie; 20140528-20140601.
- Schedler MGJ., et al. “Hyoidpharyngoplasty - a surgical approach to supraglottic obstruction in hyoid based pharyngeal stenosis, German Medical Science GMS Publishing House; Düsseldorf (2011).
- Schedler MGJ., et al. “Adult Supraglottic Obstruction“? Supraglottoplasty acc. to Schedler – An Update to Hyoidpharyngoplasty German Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 83rd Annual Meeting of the German Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. Mainz. Düsseldorf: German Medical Science GMS Publishing House (2012).
- Schedler MGJ. “Supraglottische Obstruktion auf Epiglottislevel als Ursache chronischer Hyperemesis”. Pathogenese, Diagnostik und Therapie Poster abstract DGHNO 86th annual meeting, GMS Curr Posters Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg 11 (2015): Doc094.
- Talbert DG. “Cyclic vomiting syndrome: contribution to dysphagic infant death, Case Report”. Medical Hypotheses4 (2009): 473-478.