Auto-Immune Inner Ear Disorders: Unheard Dangers
Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist, Registered with Rehabilitation Council of India (CRR No. A66890), Cortif Speech and Hearing Services, Gaya, Bihar, India
*Corresponding Author: Seejal Shrest, Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist, Registered with Rehabilitation Council of India (CRR No. A66890), Cortif Speech and Hearing Services, Gaya, Bihar, India.
June 14, 2021; Published: July 07, 2021
“Surviving in a body that wants to destroy you??
It ain’t easy trying to survive when you’re physically destructing from inside out”.
One reason that steered me fanatical to pen down this module happens to be that it greatly affects large section of population and causes irrevocable damages. The time is not far that it will become common like Diabetes and Hypertension but the incurred damage would not be easy to reverse; impacting the persons’ lifestyle, mental and physical health.
- Empowered Women's Health, Naturally.
- Broughton Shelley S., et al. “Immune mediated inner ear disease:10-year experience 34.2 (2004): 544-548.
- Gazeau Pierre., et al. “Long-term efficacy of infliximab in autoimmune Sensorineural Hearing Loss associated with rheumatoid arthritis (2014): 1715-1716.
- Heywood RL., et al. “Infliximab for autoimmune inner ear disease: case report and literature review (2013).
- Ianuale Carolina., et al. “A systemic review and meta-analysis of the diagnostic accuracy of anti-heat-shock protein 70 antibodies for the detection of autoimmune hearing loss (2013).
- Vambutas A and Pathak S. “AAO: Autoimmune and Autoinflammatory (diseases) in otology: what is new in immune-mediated hearing loss (2016).
- Bono R., et al. “The diagnosis of Auto-immune inner ear disease: evidence and critical pitfalls 226.1 (2009): 37-40.
- Harris J P., et al. “Treatment of corticosteroid- responsive auto-immune inner ear disorders with methotrexate:A randomized controlled trial”. The Journal of the American Medical Association (2003).
- Suchan M., et al. “Immune mediated cochleo-vestibular disease 117.2 (2016): 87-90.
- Mogi G., et al. “Immunologic study on the inner ear. Immunoglobulins in perilymph 108.5 (1982): 270-275.
- Trune DR., et al. “Autoimmune inner ear disorders and cochlear pathology in the C3H/Ipr strain mouse” (1989).
- Bovo R., et al. “Vertigo and Autoimmunity”. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (2010).
- Attyre A., et al. “In vivo imaging of sacularhydrops in humans reflects sensorineural hearing loss rather than Meniers disease Symptoms (2013).
- Broughton S S., et al. “Immune mediated inner ear diseases: 10 years experience” (2009).
- Harris JP. “Immunology of the inner ear: response of the inner ear to antigen challenge”. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery1 (1983): 18-32.
- Harris JP., et al. “Elaboration of systemic immunity following inner ear immunization”. American Journal of Otolaryngology3 (1985): 148-152.
- Woolf NK and Harris JP. “Cochlear pathophysiology associated with inner ear immune responses”. Acta Oto-Laryngologica (1986).
- Harris JP., et al. “Immunologic and electrophysiological response to cytomegaloviral inner ear infection in the guinea pig (1984).
- Woolf NK., et al. “Hearing loss in experimental cytomegalovirus infection of the guinea pig inner ear: prevention by systemic immunity”. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology: SAGE Journals (1985).
- Darmstadt GL., et al. “Effects of cyclophosphamide on the pathogenesis of cytomegalovirus- induced labyrinthitis”. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology: SAGE Journals (1990).
- Harris JP., et al. “Spiral modiolar vein: its importance in inner ear inflammation”. Acta Oto-Laryngologica (1990).
- Stearns GS., et al. “Development of high endothelial venule-like characteristics in thespiralmodiolar vein induced by viral labyrinthitis”. Laryngoscope (1993).
- Takahashi M and Harris JP. “Analysis of immunocompetentcells following inner ear immunostimulation”. Laryngoscope (1988).
- Suzuki M and Harris JP. “Expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 during inner ear inflammation”. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology: SAGE Journals (1995).
- Keithley EM., et al. “Development of morphological and physiological changes in the cochlea induced by cytomegalovirus”. Laryngoscope (1989).
- Chen MC., et al. “Immunohistochemical analysis of proliferating cells in a sterile labyrinthitis animal model”. Laryngoscope (1998): 651-656.
- McCabe BF. “Autoimmune sensorineural hearing loss”. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology: SAGE Journals (2013).
- Schiff M and Brown M. “Hormones and sudden deafness”. Laryngoscope
- Hughes GB., et al. “Autoimmune endolymphatichydrops: five-year review”. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (1988).
- Moskowitz D., et al. “Steroid use in idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss”. Laryngoscope (1984).
- Saiki RK., et al. “Primer-directed enzymatic amplification of DNA with a thermostable DNA polymerase”. Science 239 (1988): 487-491.
- Simmons DM., et al. “A complete protocol for in situ hybridization of messenger RNAs in brain and other tissues with radiolabeled single-stranded RNA probes”. Journal of Histotechnology 12 (1989): 169-181.
- Battey JF., et al. “Molecular genetic approaches to the analysis of neuropeptide receptors”. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry 3 (1993): 3-230.
- Hoshi T., et al. “Biophysical and molecular mechanisms of Shaker potassium channel inactivation”. Science 250 (1990): 533-538.
- Naori H., et al. “Transgenic mouse model of hemifacial microsomia: cloning and characterization of insertional mutation region on chromosome 10”. Genomics 23 (1994): 515-519.
- Brackmann ED and Arriaga MA. “Extra-axial Neoplasms of the Posterior Fossa Part One: Differential Diagnosis of Neoplasms of the Posterior Fossa”. In: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Third edition, edited by, C W Cummings and others: Mosby. Chapter (1999): 169.