Memory and Concentration Impairment in Children in the COVID-19 Pandemic
Huang Wei Ling*
Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Acupuncture and Pain Management, Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil
*Corresponding Author: Huang Wei Ling, Infectious Diseases, General Practice, Nutrition, Acupuncture and Pain Management, Medical Acupuncture and Pain Management Clinic, Franca, São Paulo, Brazil.
September 21, 2021; Published: December 01, 2021
The author, through this editorial article, will show some of her clinical observations regarding the whole process of lock down of COVID-19 pandemic and the influences of all these alterations in a child’s learning process, taking classes at a distance, through computer or cell phone. In the article written by Cowan (2014) entitled Working Memory Underpins Cognitive Development, Learning, and Education, the author is saying that working memory is the information that can be held in mind and important to execute some cognitive activities. This kind of memory is related to information process, intelligence, executive functions, solving-problems, learning, comprehension, ranging from children to old people and in all animals. On the other hand, there is the long-term memory that is the amount of information that is recorded in the person’s life .
- Cowan N. “Working Memory Underpins Cognitive Development, Learning, and Education”. Educational Psychology Review2 (2014): 197-223.
- Huang WL. “The Influence of Cell Phones and Computers on Our Immune System”. Annals of Immunology and Immunotherapy 3 (2021): 000141.
- Sansone R and Sansone L. “Cell Phones. The Psychosocial Risks”. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience 10 (2013): 33-37.
- Hardell L. “Effects of Mobile Phones on Children's and Adolescents’ Health: A Commentary. Society for Research in Child Development (2017): 9-3920.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Energy Alterations and Chakras’ Energy Deficiencies and Propensity to SARS-CoV-2 Infection". Acta Scientific Microbiology4 (2021): 167-196.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Can We Treat Children with Chronic Respiratory Tract Infections Without Using Antibiotics?” Pediatric Research and Child Health2 (2020).
- Huang WL. “Energies Alterations and Chakras’ Energies Deficiencies as the Main Cause of Rhinitis”. Journal of Immunology and Immunotherapy 4 (2021): 9.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Why Are Diabetic Patients Still Having Hyperglycaemia Despite Diet Regulation, Antiglycemic Medication and Insulin?” International Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders2 (2019): 1-14.
- Chase C. “The Geometry of Emotions: Using Chakra Acupuncture and 5-Phase Theory to Describe Personality Archetypes for Clinical Use”. Medical Acupuncture4 (2018): 167-178.
- Bonal X and González S. “The impact of lockdown on the learning gap: family and school divisions in times of crisis”. The International Review of Education 66 (2020): 635-655.
- Araujo L., et al. “The potential impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on child growth and development: a systematic review”. The Journal of Pediatrics7 (2020): 369-377.
- Huang and Wei Ling. “Why Do Patients Still Have Anxiety Symptoms Despite the Use of Psychotropic Medications?” Archives of Neurology and Neuro Disorders2 (2019): 13-23.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Why Patients with Knee Pain Still Have Symptoms Despite the Use of Anti-inflammatory Medications”. International Journal of Orthopaedics Research2 (2020): 21-27.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Constitutional Homeopathy of Five Elements Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine”. Acta Scientific Medical Sciences7 (2020): 57-69.
- Irvine Loudon. “A brief history of homeopathy”. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 99.12 (2006): 607-610.
- Craik E. “The “Hippocratic” Corpus: Content and Context”. Routledge (2014): 344.
- Huang WL. “Are We Vaccinating Immunocompetent or Immunocompromised People for COVID 19?” Journal of Vaccines Research and Vaccination 7 (2021): 18.
- Huang Wei Ling. “Is the Population in the World the Same as in the Past?". Acta Scientific Clinical Case Reports6 (2021).
- Huang Wei Ling. “Energy Alterations as the Underlying Cause of Primary Hypertension”. ARC Journal of Nephrology2 (2019): 33-44.
- Huang Wei Ling. “The Importance of Treating Energy Imbalances and Chakras Replenishment for Prevention and Treatment Chakras Replenishment for Prevention and Treatment of Cancer”. Advances in Cancer Research and Clinical Imaging1 (2020).