Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adults: Kawasaki Like Condition
Hela Attia, Rim Jaafar, Kais Gardabou, Karim Masmoudi, Imen Bannour, Mouna Ouaz and Ali Majdoub*
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Mahdia Hospital, Tunisia
*Corresponding Author: Ali Majdoub, Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Mahdia Hospital, Tunisia.
April 04, 2022; Published: June 20, 2022
The 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) or the severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is rapidly spreading causing a pandemic all over the world . Mainly affecting the lungs, it can cause severe acute respiratory distress syndrome. It may also affect kidneys, heart, nervous system and other organs . Researches have defined almost all forms of acute COVID19 infections. However, after Covid effects are yet to be discovered. Clinical series of Kawasaki-like multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS), occurring after viral clearance, have been described in children (MIS-C)  and less commonly among adults (MIS-A) .
Keywords: SARS-CoV-2; COVID-19; Kawasaki
- Cascella M., et al. “Features, Evaluation, and Treatment of Coronavirus (COVID-19)”. StatPearls. September 2 (2021).
- Xiaobo H., et al. “Clinical Symptom Differences Between Mild and Severe COVID-19 Patients in China: A Meta-Analysis”. Frontiers in Public Health (2021).
- Ahmed M., et al. “Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children: A Systematic Review”. EClinicalMedicine 26 (2020): 100527.
- Hékimian G., et al. “Coronavirus Disease 2019 Acute Myocarditis and Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adult Intensive and Cardiac Care Units”. Chest 159 (2021): 657-662.
- Patel P., et al. “Clinical Characteristics of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adults A Systematic Review”. JAMA Network Open9 (2021).
- Sokolovsky S., et al. “COVID-19 associated Kawasaki-like multisystem inflammatory disease in an adult”. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 39 (2021): 253.e1-253.e2.
- Boudhabhay I., et al. “Case Report: Adult Post-COVID-19 Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome and Thrombotic Microangiopathy”. Frontiers in Immunology 12 (2021): 680567.
- McCrindle BW., et al. “Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association”. Circulation 135 (2017): e927-999.
- Ming-Ming Zhang., et al. “Clinical Analysis of Kawasaki Disease Shock Syndrome”. Chinese Medical Journal (Engl)23 (2017): 2891-2892.
- Sheila Shaigany Marlis., et al. “An adult with Kawasaki-like multisystem inflammatory syndrome associated with COVID-19”. The Lancet10246 (2020): E8-E10.
- D LE THI HUONG., et al. “Symptomatic Splenic Infarction Complicating Adult Kawasaki Disease”. Rheumatology 6 (1995): 579-580.
- Whittaker E., et al. “Clinical Characteristics of 58 Children With a Pediatric Inflammatory Multisystem Syndrome Temporally Associated With SARS-Cov-2”. JAMA 324 (2020): 259-269.