Assessment of Comorbidity in Emergency Surgery of Digestive Organs
Fedir V Grynchuk*
Professor, Department of Surgery № 1, Bukovynian State Medical University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine
*Corresponding Author: Fedir V Grynchuk, Department of Surgery № 1, Bukovynian State Medical University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
November 23, 2022; Published:
January 01, 2023
The number of patients with comorbidities is constantly increasing . Comorbidity affects the pathogenesis of diseases, symptoms of diseases, treatment, increases the risk of complications [1-4]. Therefore, adequate assessment of comorbidity is important for predicting the course of the disease, the development of complications and choosing the right management.
- Charlson ME and Wells MT. “Comorbidity: From a Confounder in Longitudinal Clinical Research to the Main Issue in Population Management”. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics 91.3 (2022): 145-151.
- Teck J. “Diabetes-Associated Comorbidities”. Primary Care 49.2. (2022): 275-286.
- Subedi K and Ghimire S. “Comorbidity profiles of patients experiencing homelessness: A latent class analysis”. PLoS One 17.5 (2022): e0268841.
- Grynchuk FV., et al. “Comorbidity in emergency abdominal surgery (using an example of acute peritonitis)”. Chernivtsi: BSMU Publishing House, (2018).
- Knaus WA., et al. “APACHE-acute physiology and chronic health evaluation: a physiologically based classification system”. Critical Care Medical 9.8 (1981): 591-597.
- Kaplan MH and Feinstein AR. “The importance of classifying initial co-morbidity in evaluating the outcome of diabetes mellitus”. Journal of Chronic Diseases 27.7-8 (1974): 387-404.
- Piccirillo JF., et al. “Inclusion of comorbidity into oncology data registries”. Journal of Air Transport Management 26 (1999): 66-70.
- Charlson ME., et al. “A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation”. Journal of Chronic Diseases 5 (1987): 373-383.
- Linn BS., et al. “Cumulative illness rating scale”. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 5 (1968): 622-626.
- Salvi F., et al. “A manual of guidelines to score the modified cumulative illness rating scale and its validation in acute hospitalized elderly patients”. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 10 (2008): 1926-1931.
- Greenfield S., et al. “The importance of co-existent disease in the occurrence of postoperative complications and one-year recovery in patients undergoing total hip replacement. Comorbidity and outcomes after hip replacement”. Medical Care 2 (1993): 141-154.
- Elixhauser A., et al. “Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data”. Medical Care1 (1998): 8-27.
- Chandna SM and Schulz J. “Is there a rationale for rationing chronic dialysis? A hospital based cohort study of factors affecting survival and morbidity”. BMJ 318 (1999): 217-223.
- Ali MR., et al. “Assessment of Obesity-Related Comorbidities: A novel scheme for evaluating bariatric surgical patients”. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 202 (2006): 70-77.