A Novel Approach to the Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Department Of surgery, Colosseum Clinic Oslo, Norway
*Corresponding Author: Andreas Edenberg, Colosseum Clinic Oslo, Norway.
May 04, 2022; Published: July 29, 2022
The laparoscopic appendectomy has been around for more than 20 years and is still one of the most common procedures in
general surgery. We present a novel approach to trocar placement that can potentially reduce operating time compared to the tradi-
tional technique. 12 patients were operated with appendicitis with this technique here. Average operating time was 17 minutes. No
adverse events were recorded.
Keywords: Appendicitis; Case Series; Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Ferris M., et al. “The Global Incidence of Appendicitis: A Systematic Review of Population-based Studies”. Annals of Surgery 266 (2017): 237-241.
- Litynski GS. “Kurt Semm and the fight against skepticism: endoscopic hemostasis, laparoscopic appendectomy, and Semm's impact on the "laparoscopic revolution". JSLS 2 (1988): 309-313.
- Paik KY., et al. “Safety and feasibility of single-port laparoscopic appendectomy as a training procedure for surgical residents”. Journal of Minimal Access Surgery 16 (2020): 13-17.
- Di Saverio S., et al. “Diagnosis and treatment of acute appendicitis: 2020 update of the WSES Jerusalem guidelines”. World Journal of Emergency Surgery 15 (2020): 27.
- Gorenoi V., et al. “Laparoscopic vs. open appendectomy: systematic review of medical efficacy and health economic analysis”. GMS Health Innovation and Technologies 2 (2007): 22.
- Cai YL., et al. “Single-incision laparoscopic appendectomy vs conventional laparoscopic appendectomy: systematic review and meta-analysis”. World Journal of Gastroenterology 19 (2013): 5165-5173.
- Agha RA., et al. “The SCARE 2018 statement: Updating consensus Surgical case report (SCARE) guidelines”. International Journal of Surgery 60 (2018): 132-136.
- Agha RA., et al. “The PROCESS 2018 statement: Updating Consensus Preferred Reporting of CasE Series in Surgery (PROCESS) guidelines”. International Journal of Surgery 60 (2001): 279-282.
- Research register 7682 UIN.