The Aubade Inflammation-Actinic Cheilitis
Department of Histopathology, Panjab University/A.B. Diagnostics, India
*Corresponding Author: Anubha Bajaj, Department of Histopathology, Panjab University/A.B. Diagnostics, India.
March 03, 2022; Published: March 14, 2022
Cheilitis or inflammation of the lips may be engendered due to various reversible, non-reversible and systemic factors. Actinic cheilitis is a chronic, premalignant condition confined to the lip and is associated with proliferation of atypical keratinocytes within basilar layer of mucosal epithelium. Few lesions may metamorphose into squamous cell carcinoma in situ (SCCis) or invasive squamous cell carcinoma (SCC).
- Muse ME and Crane JS. “Actinic Cheilitis”. Stat Pearls International, Treasure Island, Florida (2021).
- Barrado Solís N., et al. “Ingenol mebutate gel treatment for actinic cheilitis: report of four cases”. Dermatologic Therapy 2 (2015): 79-82.
- Rodríguez-Blanco I., et al. “Actinic Cheilitis: Analysis of Clinical Subtypes, Risk Factors and Associated Signs of Actinic Damage”. Acta Dermato-Venereologica 10 (2019): 931-932.
- Levi A., et al. “Daylight photodynamic therapy for the treatment of actinic cheilitis”. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology and Photomedicine 1 (2019): 11-16.
- Rodríguez-Blanco I., et al. “Actinic Cheilitis Prevalence and Risk Factors: A Cross-sectional, Multicentre Study in a Population Aged 45 Years and Over in North-west Spain”. Acta Dermato-Venereologica 10 (2018): 970-974.
- Correa GT., et al. “Lip cancer and pre-cancerous lesions harbour TP53 mutations, exhibit allelic loss at 9p, 9q, and 17p, but no BRAFV600E mutations”. Tumor Biology 11 (2015): 9059-9066.
- Olinici D., et al. “The ultrastructural features of the premalignant oral lesions”. Romanian Journal of Morphology and Embryology 1 (2018): 243-248.
- Carvalho MV., et al. “Surgical versus non-surgical treatment of actinic cheilitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis”. Oral Diseases 4 (2019): 972-981.
- Benati E., et al. “Dermoscopy and reflectance confocal microscopy for monitoring the treatment of actinic cheilitis with ingenol mebutate gel: Report of three cases”. Dermatologic Therapy 4 (2018): e12613.
- Lai M., et al. “Treatments of actinic cheilitis: A systematic review of the literature”. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatologyl 3 (2020): 876-887.
- Lugović-Mihić L., et al. “Differential Diagnosis of Cheilitis - How to Classify Cheilitis?” Acta Clinica Croatica 2 (2018): 342-351.
- Image 1 Courtesy: Wikipedia.org
- Image 2 Courtesy: Oncohema.key.com
- Image 3 Courtesy: Ykoa.org
- Image 4 and 5 Courtesy: Basic Medical Key
- Image 6 Courtesy: Springer open.
- Image 7 and 8 Courtesy: Wiley online library.