Platelet Rich Fibrin in Implant Dentistry: An Update
Priyanka Rathod1, Siddhesh Borse1, Chetan Kakade1 and Sachin Chaware2*
1Post-Graduate Student, Department of Prosthodontics, MGV Dental College, Nashik, India
2Ex-Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, MGV Dental College, Nashik, India
*Corresponding Author: Sachin Chaware, Ex-Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, MGV Dental College, Nashik, India.
Received: July 29, 2021; Published: August 26, 2021
Bone graft materials is used for surgical defect area as a scaffolding material. however, an introduction of platelet rich fibrin has many benefits than bone graft materials. The major advantage of PRF that it is used autogenous blood without external thrombin, therefore there is no immunogenic reaction. The following paper is describing the advance application of PRF either used alone or combination with other graft materials in peri-implant region.
Keywords: Bone Graft Materials; Platelet Rich Fibrin; Implant Dentistry
- Borie E., et al. “Platelet-rich fibrin application in dentistry: a literature review”. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine5 (2015): 7922-7929.
- Karimi K and Rockwell H. “The Benefits of Platelet-Rich Fibrin”. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America – Journals3 (2019): 331-340.
- Naik B., et al. “Role of Platelet rich fibrin in wound healing: A critical review”. Journal of Conservative Dentistry4 (2013): 284-293.
- Jang ES., et al. “Restoration of peri-implant defects in immediate implant installations by Choukroun platelet-rich fibrin and silk fibroin powder combination graft”. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology6 (2010): 831-836.
- Toffler M., et al. “Osteotome-mediated sinus floor elevation using only platelet-rich fibrin: an early report on 110 patients”. Journal of Implant Dentistry5 (2010): 447-456.
- Simonpieri A., et al. “Simultaneous sinus-lift and implantation using microthreaded implants and leukocyte- and platelet-rich fibrin as sole grafting material: a six-year experience”. Implant Dentistry 20 (2011): 2-12.
- Sohn DS., et al. “Bone regeneration in the maxillary sinus using an autologous fibrin-rich block with concentrated growth factors alone”. Journal of Implant Dentistry5 (2011): 389-395.
- Lee JW., et al. “Restoration of a peri-implant defect by platelet-rich fibrin”. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology4 (2012): 459-463.
- Marrelli M and Tatullo M. “Influence of PRF in the healing of bone and gingival tissues. Clinical and histological evaluations”. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences14 (2013): 1958-1962.
- Xuan F., et al. “A comparative study of the regenerative effect of sinus bone grafting with platelet-rich fibrin-mixed Bio-Oss® and commercial fibrin-mixed Bio-Oss®: an experimental study”. Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery4 (2014): e47-50.
- Öncü E and Alaaddinoğlu EE. “The effect of platelet-rich fibrin on implant stability”. The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants3 (2015): 578-582.
- Neiva RF., et al. “The Synergistic Effect of Leukocyte Platelet-Rich Fibrin and Micrometer/Nanometer Surface Texturing on Bone Healing around Immediately Placed Implants: An Experimental Study in Dogs”. BioMed Research International (2016): 9507342.
- Öncü E., et al. “Positive effect of platelet rich fibrin on osseointegration”. Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral, Cirugia Bucal5 (2016): e601-607.
- Khan ZA., et al. “Evaluation of peri-implant tissues around nanopore surface implants with or without platelet rich fibrin: a clinico-radiographic study”. Biomedical Materials2 (2018): 025002.
- Lin Y., et al. “[Effect of autologous concentrated growth factor fibrin solution combined with Bio-Oss bone powder on mucosal healing and bone regeneration after oral implanted guided bone regeneration]”. Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue 3 (2020): 316-320.