Data Warehousing: A Literature Review on Effective Implementation Approaches
Cheryl Ann Alexander1* and Lidong Wang2
1Institute for IT innovation and Smart Health, Mississippi, USA
2Institute for Systems Engineering Research, Mississippi state university, Vicksburg, USA
*Corresponding Author: Cheryl Ann Alexander, Institute for IT Innovation and Smart Health, Mississippi, USA.
January 16, 2023; Published: February 18, 2023
Data Warehousing is data-driven by society. Society is data-driven, making the process of making business decisions both difficult and data-driven. Organizations use many processes to determine what business decisions would be best for them, each of them capable of processing huge amounts of data and assisting the management in decision-making. For decades, the only business intelligence process in play has been data warehouses. Now, however, Big Data has made it possible to expand and modernize to support other data sources capable of centralizing heterogeneous data in a manner that expands the variety and dynamics of data such as data lakes, the cloud, etc.
Keywords: Data Warehousing; Big Data; Data Analysis; Cloud; Machine Learning; Cybersecurity
- Oukhouya L., et al. “A generic metadata management model for heterogeneous sources in a data warehouse”. In E3S Web of Conferences 297 (2021): 01069.
- Ali TZ., et al. “A Framework for Improving Data Quality in Data Warehouse: A Case Study”. In 2020 21st International Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT) (2020): 1-8.
- Kraynak J and Baum D. “Cloud data warehousing”. (2nd ed). John Wiley and Sons (2020).
- Solodovnikova D., et al. “Managing Evolution of Heterogeneous Data Sources of a Data Warehouse”. In ICEIS 1 (2021): 105-117.
- Chowdhury R., et al. “Proposed Formula Based on Study of Correlation Between Hub and Spoke Architecture and Bus Architecture in Data Warehouse Architecture, Based on Distinct Parameters”. Research Journal of Science and Technology3 (2011): 143-146.
- Hadzhiev V and Rashidov A. “A Hybrid Model for Structuring, Storing and Processing Distributed Data on the Internet”. In 2021 International Conference Automatics and Informatics (ICAI) (2021): 82-85.
- Choudhary RK. “Key organizational factors in data warehouse architecture selection”. Vivekananda Journal of Research 1 (2012): 24-32.
- Kechar M and Bahloul SN. “An access control system architecture for xml data warehouse using xacml”. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing, Security and Advanced Communication (2015): 1-6.
- Pavlenko E., et al. “Implementation of data access and use procedures in clinical data warehouses. A systematic review of literature and publicly available policies”. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making1 (2020): 1-3.
- Arora A and Gosain A. “Intrusion detection system for data warehouse with second level authentication”. International Journal of Information Technology3 (2021): 877-887.
- Friedrichs M. “BioDWH2: an automated graph-based data warehouse and mapping tool”. Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics2 (2021): 167-176.
- Shahid A., et al. “Big data warehouse for healthcare-sensitive data applications”. Sensors 7 (2021): 2353.
- Bergers J., et al. “Dwh-dim: a blockchain based decentralized integrity verification model for data warehouses”. In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain) 6 (2021): 221-228.
- Wang J and Liu B. “Design of ETL tool for structured data based on data warehouse”. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computer Science and Application Engineering (2020): 1-5.
- Fana WS., et al. “Data Warehouse Design With ETL Method (Extract, Transform, And Load) for Company Information Centre”. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research2 (2021): 132-137.