Investigation of Suitable Inhibitors to Reduce Corrosion of Used Metals in Refinery Industries
Department of Chemical Engineering, Firoozabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Firoozabad, Iran
*Corresponding Author: Akbar Darvishi, Department of Chemical Engineering, Firoozabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Firoozabad, Iran.
June 30, 2021; Published: July 16, 2021
Corrosion has caused various economic problems in the chemical and petrochemical industries over the years. To prevent the rate of corrosion, as well as to maintain various devices, a series of materials are used as inhibitors. If these materials are used, the lifespan of tools and devices will be increased and economic costs will be reduced. In this study, a new inhibitor that can be used instead of hydrazine was used. This inhibitor is called Levoxin-15 and can be used to prevent corrosion caused by oxygen in steam tanks.
Keywords: Hydrazine; Levoxin-15; Cavity Corrosion; Oxygen Depletion; X-ray; Steel Alloy
- Ghaderi A., et al. “Synthesis of SnO2 and ZnO nanoparticles and SnO2-ZnO hybrid for the photocatalytic oxidation of methyl orange”. Iranian Journal of Chemical Engineering (IJChE)3 (2015): 96-105.
- Farahbod Farshad and Farahmand Sara. “Introduction of Novel Process for Sweetening of Sour Crude Oil: Optimization of Process”. Journal of Energy Resources Technology2 (2017).
- Jadidoleslami Milad and Farahbod Farshad. “Experimental and mathematical evaluation of solar powered still equipped by nano plate as the principle stage of zero discharge desalination process”. Advances in Energy Research2 (2016): 147-161.
- Fotoohi Edris and Farahbod Farshad. “Experimental Evaluation of Mercaptan Removal Process from Liquefied Petroleum Gas”. International Journal of Materials Chemistry and Physics2 (2015): 202-206.
- Farahbod F and Farahmand S. “Experimental and Theoretical Evaluation of Amount of Removed Oily Hydrocarbon, Aromatic and Bioassay of Drilling Fluid by Zinc Oxide Nano Coagulant”. Journal of Nanofluids2 (2018): 223-234.
- Hosseini S., et al. “The study of effective of added aluminum oxide nano particles to the drilling fluid: The evaluation of two synthesis methods”. Journal of Petroleum and Environmental Biotechnology 283 (2016): 2.
- Osanloo R and Farahbod F. “Experimental Investigation of Major Dynamic Parameters of Nano Crude Oil”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering1 (2016): 10-14.
- Farahbod F. “Investigation of heat transfer equations for evaluation of drinkable water production rate as an efficiency of closed solar desalination pond”. International Journal of Ambient Energy8 (2016): 940-945.
- Farahbod F. “Practical investigation of usage of nano bottom in the production of fresh water from brackish wastewater in a closed shallow solar basin”. Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy2 (2021): e13496.
- Abbasi S., et al. “The Study of kinetic Reaction of the Photocatalytic Elimination of Methyl Orange in the presence of Magnetic Composite of Fe3O4-ZnO Based on Graphene Oxide”. Journal of Advanced Materials and Technologies1 (2020): 49-55.
- Kalantari F and Farahbod F. “Mixing of crude oil with organic ZnO nano-particles from rice bran to improve physical properties of crude oil: A novel agent for enhanced oil recovery”. Natural Resources Research 3 (2019): 1183-1196.
- Farahbod F. “Experimental evaluation of forced circulation crystallizer performance in production of sugar crystals”. Journal of Food Process Engineering3 (2019): e13017.
- Atefatdoost M and Farahbod F. “Introduction of a novel method for treating of drilling waste water”. Journal of Petroleum and Environmental Biotechnology5 (2016).
- Farahbod F. “Simultaneous Use of Mass Transfer and Thermodynamics Equations to Estimate the Amount of Removed Greenhouse Gas from the Environment by a Stream of Water”. Environmental Modeling and Assessment (2021): 1-7.
- Taherizadeh M., et al. “Empirical evaluation of proposed treatment unit for saline wastewater softening”. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research (2020): 1-18.
- Farahbod F. “Derivation of heat transfer equations for a closed solar desalination pond to predict the produced mass of potable water”. Heat Transfer—Asian Research3 (2019): 864-873.
- Shalali SM and Farahbod F. “Investigation of Viscosity Variations for Heavy, Light and Medium Crude Oil as Basic Fluid of Well”. Chemical Journal3 (2018): 60-64.
- Zarei T., et al. “Investigation of lanthanum and Si/Al ratio effect on the HZSM-5 catalyst efficiency for production of Olefin from Methanol”. Petroleum Science and Technology22 (2015): 2139-2145.
- Jafari Hossein and Farahbod Farshad. “The experimental survey on the rotary dryer performance: drying of wetted salt from effluent bio wastewater”. Journal of Applied Biotechnology and Bioengineering3 (2017): 567-570.
- Esfandiary HK and Farahbod F. “Parametric Study of Thermal Characterization of Nano Drilling Fluid”. Fluid Mechanics1 (2017): 1-5.
- Farahbod F. “Experimental investigation of thermo-physical properties of drilling fluid integrated with nanoparticles: Improvement of drilling operation performance”. Powder Technology 384 (2021): 125-131.
- Farahbod F. “Evaluation of reducing CO2 emissions as important greenhouse gas and maximum oil recovery: optimization of two processes”. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology (2020): 1-16.
- Farahbod F. “Mathematical investigation of diffusion and decomposition of pollutants as a basic issue in water stream pollution”. Arabian Journal of Geosciences18 (2020): 1-9.
- Rokni Amin and Farahbod Farshad. “Experimental Evaluation of Physical Characteristics of Nano Oil in the Pilot Plant of Laboratory Well Column”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering2 (2020).
- Behzadi R and Farahbod F. “Experimental investigation of the kinetics properties of the nano crude oil in a vertical line”. Fluid Mechanics Research International Journal 1 (2020): 1-5.
- Fotoohi E., et al. “Empirical Investigation of Treatment of Sour Gas by Novel Technology: Introduction of a Novel Method for Optimization of Energy and Process”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering1 (2020): 1-7.
- Gharibi AR., et al. “Experimental Evaluation of Sour Gas Stream in a Packed Column in Gas Sweetening Units with Nano Bed”. Journal of Environment Protection and Sustainable Development1 (2016): 6-10.
- Farahbod F. “Investigation of sour gas desulfurization process by nano absorber and under magnetic field in a packed tower; experimentally and theoretically”. Journal of Sulfur Chemistry4 (2019): 400-415.
- Boustani P and Farahbod F. “Empirical Study of Dynamic Properties of Nano Oil in a Vertical Tube; Simulated as a Vertical Well”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering4 (2019): 25-29.
- Naseh MJ., et al. “Practical Investigation of Desulfurization Process Conditions as an Basic Experimental Phenomenon”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering 2 (2019): 12-15.
- Jamshidi F., et al. “Empirical Investigation of Some Important Parameters of Oil for Using in Different Industries”. Chemistry3 (2018): 65-70.
- Farahbod F and Farahmand S. “Experimental and Mathematical Evaluation of Sulfur Removal from Sour Gas in Fluidized Bed Contains Carbon Nano Tube”. Journal of Nanofluids3 (2017): 403-409.
- Zarei A and Farahbod F. “Empirical investigation of performance of nano bed for industrial wastewater treating”. SCIREA Journal of Chemical Engineering 2 (2017): 1-9.
- Fazeli S and Farahbod F. “Parametric Investigation of De-Sulfurization Process for Sour Gas; Introduction of Novel System”. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Engineering1 (2017): 1.
- Fazeli Somayyeh and Farahbod Farshad. “Empirical Survey on the Sweetening Process For Sour Gas”. A New Technology1 (2017): 1-8.
- Zarei Abdolrahim and Farahbod Farshad. “The Parametric survey on the nano particles performance for treating of industrial wastewater”. Oil and Gas Research 3 (2017): 129.
- Zarei A and Farahbod F. “Evaluation of Basic and Major Items in the Treating of Wastewater; Experimental Investigation”. Science1 (2017): 12-16.
- Khademsadegh Mohsen and Farahbod Farshad. “Empirical Survey on the Physical Properties of Heavy and Light Crude Oil”. Industrial and Systems Engineering1 (2016): 1-5.
- Farahbod F., et al. “Novel Arrangement of Rough Tubes for Heat Flux Improvement”. Defect and Diffusion Forum 326 (2012): 81-86.
- Taherizadeh M., et al. “Experimental evaluation of solar still efficiencies as a basic step in treatment of wastewater”. Heat Transfer—Asian Research1 (2020): 236-248.
- Farahbod F., et al. “Empirical Investigation of Heating and Kinematic Performance of ZnO Nano Fluid in a Heat Pipe”. Journal of Nanofluids1 (2017): 128-135.
- Farahbod F and Farahmand S. “Experimental study of solar pond coupled with forced circulation crystallizer as major stages of proposed zero discharge desalination process”. Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications2 (2014).
- Riyahin M., et al. “PVT-generated correlations of heavy oil properties”. Petroleum Science and Technology6 (2014): 703-711.
- Farahbod F., et al. “Finding of optimum effective parameters on sweetening of methane gas by zinc oxide nanoparticles”. Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine2 (2014).
- Farahbod F. “Investigation of gas sweetening by nanofluid in isothermal tower with consideration of thermodynamic equilibrium; experimentally and theoretically”. Separation and Purification Technology 211 (2019): 799-808.
- Farahbod F. “Investigations to find appropriate range of pH and a new replacement for hydrazine to protect corrosion in steam-tanks of petrochemical industries”. Engineering Failure Analysis 22 (2012): 38-49.
- Farahbod F and Farahmand S. “Experimental and theoretical study of fluidized bed for SO2 recovery as sulfur from effluent gases from sulfur production unit”. Fuel 156 (2015): 103-109.
- Farahbod F and Omidvar M. “Experimental evaluation of collection, thermal, and conductivity efficiency of a solar distiller pond as a free concentration unit in wastewater treatment process”. Energy Science and Engineering5 (2018): 584-594.
- Farahbod F., et al. “Effect of solution content ZnO nanoparticles on thermal stability of polyvinyl chloride”. Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine2 (2013).