Reliability Physics of IC Products: Probabilistic Approach
Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ (ret), Portland State University, Portland, OR,
and ERS Co., Los Altos, CA, USA
*Corresponding Author: E Suhir, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ (ret), Portland
State University, Portland, OR, and ERS Co., Los Altos, CA, USA.
January 27, 2023; Published: February 01, 2023
The reliability of the future electronics and photonics products,
including the micro-electro-mechanical- systems (MEMS) and
MOEMS (optical MEMS), will depend, first of all, on the performance
of their materials, devices and packages.
- E Suhir. “Microelectronics and Photonics – the Future”. Microelectronics Journal11-12 (2000).
- E Suhir., et al. "Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Failure Oriented Accelerated Testing (FOAT), and Their Role in Making a Viable Device into a Reliable Product”. 2014 IEEE Aerospace Conf., Big Sky, Montana, March (2014).
- E Suhir. “Probabilistic Design for Reliability”. Chip Scale Reviews6 (2010).
- E Suhir. “Probabilistic Design for Reliability of Electronic Materials, Assemblies, Packages and Systems: Attributes, Challenges, Pitfalls”. Plenary Lecture, MMCTSE 2017, Cambridge, UK, Feb. 24-26, (2017).
- E Suhir. "Failure-Oriented-Accelerated-Testing (FOAT) and Its Role in Making a Viable IC Package into a Reliable Product”. Circuits Assembly, July (2013).
- E Suhir and S Kang. “Boltzmann-Arrhenius-Zhurkov (BAZ) Model in Physics-of-Materials Problems”. Modern Physics Letters B (MPLB) 27 (2013).
- E Suhir. “To Burn-in, or not to Burn-in: That’s the Question”. Aerospace 3 (2019).
- E Suhir. "Analytical Bathtub Curve with Application to Electron Device Reliability”. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics9 (2015).
- E Suhir. "Predictive Modeling is a Powerful Means to Prevent Thermal Stress Failures in Electronics and Photonics”. Chip Scale Reviews4 (2011).