The Role of Animal Welfare in Veterinary Practice in Zambia
C Joshua Munkombwe and Lizzy M Sakapumba
Veterinary Medicine Student at the University of Zambia, Zambia
*Corresponding Author: Lizzy M Sakapumba, Veterinary Medicine Student
at the university of Zambia, Zambia.
June 29, 2023; Published: July 15, 2023
Animal welfare as I have observed, is perceived by some, if not most Zambians (both veterinary practitioners and non-vets), to be basically a foreign concept, particularly of the western world. It is regarded as a concern for only the rich and the modern thus, inappropriate and/or unapplicable to the local African (Zambian) traditional context.
- “Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act” (1921).
- “Lusaka Animal Welfare Society” (2022).
- “Kitwe Animal Welfare Society”.
- About Us What We do.
- Liang XS and Yang X. “A Note on Causation versus Correlation in an Extreme Situation”. Entropy (Basel)3(2021): 316.
- Barrickman N., et al. “Human Biology.
- Michael J. “What do we mean when we talk about “structure/function” relationships?” Advances in Physiology Education 4 (2021): 880-885.
- Larsen CS. “Bioarchaeology in Wright J. D (ed) International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences (2015).
- Amsterdam, Netherlands 600-603.
- Valentine JW and Thomson KS. “’Animal evolution’. Access Science (2020).
- “Life application Bible, King version. Tyndale. Illinois, USA (1989).
- Vigne JD. “The origins of animal domestication and husbandry: A major change in the history of humanity and the biosphere”. Comptes Rendus Biologies3 (2011): 171181.
- Bwalya J. “About Zambia” (2022).
- Fraser D. “Understanding Animal Welfare: The Science in its Cultural Context”. Wiley Blackwell. Iowa, USA (2008): 230.
- Lysholm S., et al. “Perceptions and practices among Zambian sheep and goat traders concerning small ruminant health and disease”. PLoS One6 (2020).
- Veterinary Medicine.
- Rozzi FR and Froment A. “Earliest Animal Cranial Surgery: from Cow to Man in the Neolithic”. Scientific Reports1 (2018).
- “The Veterinary Surgeons Act” (1964).
- Samui KL and Hugh-Jones ME. “The epidemiology of bovine dermatophilosis in Zambia”. Veterinary Research Communications4(1990a): 267-278.
- Samui KL and Hugh-Jones ME. “The financial and production impacts of bovine dermatophilosis in Zambia”. Veterinary Research Communications5 (1990b): 357-365.
- Statham J. “Luteal Cystic Ovary Disease in Cattle” (2016).
- Vetter S., et al. “Economic Aspects of Animal Welfare” (2014).