Bilateral Thalamic Tumour in Children: Therapeutic Problems in Our Setting - A Case Report and Review of the Literature
Mhacks Malangu, Elisée job Befio, Jean Michel Nzisabira, Célèbre Mualaba*, Daddy Singoto and Momar Codé Ba
Department of Neurosurgery, Fann Teaching Hospital, Dakar, Senegal
*Corresponding Author: Célèbre Mualaba, Department of Neurosurgery, Fann Teaching Hospital, Dakar, Senegal.
July 16, 2021; Published: July 29, 2021
Thalamic tumours in children are rare, although their incidence has not yet been established. We report a case found in our milieu in order to share experience and awake practitioner about the existence of this lesion in children.
Keywords: Thalamic Tumour; Therapeutic Problems; Children
- Concezio DR and Aldo I. “Bilateral thalamic tumors in children”. Child's Nervous System 18 (2002): 440-444.
- Ulaş C., et al. “Bilateral thalamic gliomas: Report of two cases with review of literature”. Neurology India4 (2014): 444-446.
- Giuseppe C., et al. “Surgical treatment of thalamic tumors in children”. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics 21 (2018): 247-257.
- Dinesh K Rajput., et al. “Bilateral thalamic glioma in a 6-year-old child”. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences1 (2012): 45-48.
- Hirano S., et al. “Bilateral thalamic glioma: case report”. Neuroradiology10 (2002): 732-734.
- Stephanie P., et al. “Thalamic tumors in children: a reappraisal”. Journal of Neurosurgery 106 (2007): 354-362.
- Eranga G., et al. “A case report on 1-year follow-up of bilateral thalamic glioma”. Neuroradiology Journal6 (2015): 584-586.
- Xiaodong N., et al. “Prognostic Factors for the Survival Outcome of Bilateral Thalamic Glioma: An Integrated Survival Analysis”. World Neurosurgery 110 (2018): e222-e230.
- Girish M., et al. “Bilateral thalamic glioma: Report of four cases and review of literature”. Journal of Pediatric Neuroscience 2 (2006): 66-69.
- Marc B., et al. “Surgical resection of thalamic tumors in children: Approaches and clinical results”. Child's Nervous System 23 (2007): 753-760.
- Ryan PL., et al. “Surgical and molecular considerations in the treatment of pediatric thalamo peduncular tumors”. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics 20 (2017): 247-255.
- Paul S., et al. “Pediatric thalamic tumors in the MRI era: A Canadian perspective”. Child's Nervous System 32 (2016): 269-280.
- Christian SR., et al. “Thalamic Glioma. Neuro-Oncology of CNS Tumors” 363-375.