COVID-19 in Saudi Arabia
Rehab M A El-Desoukey1a,2*, Fawziah M Albarakaty1b, Nabwa M2, Ebtesam S2, Abeer M2, Yousra A2, Wadha M2, Mead Gh2, Alanoud S2 and Jawaher H2
1aAssociate Professor, Microbiology and Immunology Department, National Research Centre, Giza, Egypt
1bAssistant professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Applied Science,Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia
2Biology Department, Faculty of Science and humanities in Al Quwai’iyah, Shaqraa University, Saudi Arabia
*Corresponding Author: Rehab M A El-Desoukey, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 18, 2021; Published: December 22, 2021
Corona virus COVID-19 is an epidemic whose devastating results had been felt in all corners of the world and via all humanity of something age, gender, monetary and social popularity from the start of January 2020 and the intensity increasing day-by way of-day. The patients that had symptoms had been remoted at the same time as watching for outcomes. In a few international locations, self-isolation changed into encouraged even as in others, humans needed to be installed quarantine facilities to cut down the unfold chain at once. Different nations identified quarantine facilities in which individuals have been quarantined for 14 days upon which they would be examined. A philanthropist Bill gates, the Microsoft billionaire, committed himself to donating assets for growing a vaccine. Research centers directed their attention to organising a treatment or a vaccine for the killer virus. Many governments inside the global carried out a partial or full lockdown guided with the aid of the rate of contamination and death. China became the first to call for a complete lockdown because it struggled with the new pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected each side of life; social, financial and mental. This has located a lot of strain on governments and people. The financial popularity of many nations and people has been adversely affected and might take a long time earlier than recuperation. This evaluate article aimed to present a wide statistics about the COVID-19 in entire global and awareness on this information related to the ailment in Saudi Arabia.
Keywords: Covid 19; Saudi Arabia; Vaccines; Impact; Education; Pathogenesis; Hajj; Umrah; Prevention; Control
- Last JM. “A dictionary of epidemiology”. 4th New York: Oxford University Press (2001).
- “Who Names Disease Caused By New Corona virus: COVID-19” (2020).
- “Novel Corona virus (2019-nCoV) Situation Report” (2020).
- “Human Corona virus types” (2020).
- Mayo Clinic. “Corona virus disease (COVID-19)” (2020).
- "Outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2): increased transmission beyond China - fourth update”. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (2020).
- Andersen KG., et al. "The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2". Nature Medicine4 (2020): 450-452.
- Zhu N., et al. "A Novel Coronavirus from Patients with Pneumonia in China, 2019". The New England Journal of Medicine8 (2020): 727-733.
- “Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”. World Health Organization (WHO) (2020).
- Thomas S. "The Structure of the Membrane Protein of SARS-CoV-2 Resembles the Sugar Transporter SemiSWEET". Pathogens and Immunity1 (2020): 342-363.
- Mousavizadeh L and Ghasemi S. “Genotype and phenotype of COVID-19: Their roles in pathogenesis”. Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection 2 (2021): 159-163.
- Page J., et al. "In Hunt for Covid-19 Origin, Patient Zero Points to Second Wuhan Market - The man with the first confirmed infection of the new coronavirus told the WHO team that his parents had shopped there". The Wall Street Journal (2021).
- Zimmer C. "The Secret Life of a Coronavirus - An oily, 100-nanometer-wide bubble of genes has killed more than two million people and reshaped the world. Scientists don't quite know what to make of it" (2021).
- "Saudi Arabia announces the first case of coronavirus". Arab News. Riyadh: Saudi Research and Marketing Group. 3 March 2020. ISSN 0254-833X. Archived from the original on 2 March 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2020. Saudi Arabia reported its first case of the new coronavirus on Monday amid growing fears that a surge in the number of those infected in Iran is threatening the whole region (2020).
- "Covid 19 Dashboard: Saudi Arabia" (2020).
- Wu Z and McGoogan JM. “Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention”. JAMA (2020).
- Hoffmann M., et al. "SARS-CoV-2 cell entry depends on ACE2 and TMPRSS2 and is blocked by a clinically proven protease inhibitor”. Cell (2020).
- Sims AC., et al. "Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection of human ciliated airway epithelia: role of ciliated cells in viral spread in the conducting airways of the lungs”. Journal of Virology 79 (2005): 15511-15524.
- Reyfman PA., et al. "Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of human lung provides insights into the pathobiology of pulmonary fibrosis”. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 199 (2019): 1517-1536.
- Xu Z., et al. "Pathological findings of COVID-19 associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome”. Lancet Respiratory Medicine 8 (2020): 420-422.
- Bullard J., et al. "Predicting Infectious Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 From Diagnostic Samples". Clinical Infectious Diseases10 (2020): 2663-2666.
- "NHS staff will be first to get new coronavirus antibody test, medical chief promises". The Independent (2020).
- Lu J., et al. "Clinical, immunological and virological characterization of COVID-19 patients that test re-positive for SARS-CoV-2 by RT-PCR". EBioMedicine 59 (2020): 102960.
- "SARS-CoV-2 RNA testing: assurance of positive results during periods of low prevalence". GOV.UK (2020).
- Lee EY., et al. "COVID-19 pneumonia: what has CT taught us?". The Lancet Infectious Diseases4 (2020): 384-385.
- Li Y and Xia L. "Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Role of Chest CT in Diagnosis and Management". American Journal of Roentgenology 214.6 (2020): 1280-1286.
- "ICD-10 Version:2019". World Health Organization (WHO). 2019. Archived from the original on 31 March 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2020. U07.2 - COVID-19, virus not identified - COVID-19 NOS - Use this code when COVID-19 is diagnosed clinically or epidemiologically but laboratory testing is inconclusive or not available. Use additional code, if desired, to identify pneumonia or other manifestations
- Miller SL., et al. "Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 by inhalation of respiratory aerosol in the Skagit Valley Chorale superspreading event". Indoor Air2 (2021): 314-323.
- Communicable Diseases Network Australia. "Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units". 5.1. Communicable Diseases Network Australia/Australian Government Department of Health.
- "Clinical Questions about COVID-19: Questions and Answers". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2021).
- Kupferschmidt K and Cohen J. "WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments". Science (2020).
- "WHO welcomes preliminary results about dexamethasone use in treating critically ill COVID-19 patients". World Health Organization (WHO) (Press release) (2020).
- Prescott HC and Rice TW. "Corticosteroids in COVID-19 ARDS: Evidence and Hope During the Pandemic". JAMA13 (2020): 1292-1295.
- "FDA Authorizes Monoclonal Antibodies for Treatment of COVID-19". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (Press release). This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain (2021).
- Ministry of Health. Coronavirus Diseases 19 (COVID-19) guidelines (2020).
- "COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines". www.nih.gov. National Institutes of Health (2020).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (5 April 2020). "What to Do if You Are Sick". U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (2020).
- "26 more vaccination centers opened in Saudi Arabia's Asir region to fight COVID-19". Arab News (2021).
- "Saudi Arabia postpones second COVID-19 dose reservations". Arab News (2021).
- "Saudi Arabia to require COVID-19 immunization for entering events starting August". Arab News (2021).
- "Saudi Arabia detects 24 cases of coronavirus, total rises to 86". Al Arabiya (2019).
- "Saudi Arabia announces 17 new cases of coronavirus". Arab News (2019).
- "Ministry of Health Reports 15 New Cases of Coronavirus". Saudi Press Agency (2020).
- "Ministry of Health Reports 15 New Cases of COVID-19". Saudi Press Agency (2020).
- "Ministry of Health Reports 38 New Cases of COVID-19". Saudi Press Agency (2020).
- "Abstract of Hajj Statistics 1440 H".
- "Saudi Arabia asks Muslims to delay Hajj bookings". BBC News (2020).
- Hamdi Alkhshali, Larry Register. "Saudi Arabia says Hajj pilgrimage is on -- with limited numbers". CNN (2020).