Prosthodontics During Novel Corona Virus
Gayathri Bandari1*, Shanti Priya Kota2, Dubhakunta Sriteja3, Ganji Devi4, M Rajesh5 and Koineni Rajender6
1Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Malla Reddy Institute of Dental
Sciences, Hyderabad, India
2Associate Professor, MNR Dental College and Hospital, India
3Private Dental Practitioner, Hyderabad, India
4Senior Lecturer, C.K.S Theja Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, India
5Senior Lecturer, HKE's Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, India
6Senior Lecturer, HKE's. S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental SCIENCES and Research, India
*Corresponding Author: Gayathri Bandari, Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Malla Reddy Institute of Dental Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
Received: July 17, 2023; Published: August 11, 2023
On January 30, 2020, the world health organization [WHO] designated an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in humans to be a “public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC), this was followed by the declaration of a pandemic on March 11, 2020. Ever since then, it has been clear that practicing Dentistry in the future (post -covid) is never going to be the same as the pre-covid -19 era. This article aims at providing a brief overview of the specific recommendations for dental practice, patient screening, infection control strategies and patient management protocol during this covid times.
Keywords:Coronavirus Disease; Prosthodontics; Aerosol
- Bhanushali P., et al. “COVID-19: Changing Trends and Its Impact on Future of Dentistry”. International Journal of Dentistry (2020): 29.
- Harrel SK and Molinari J. “Aerosols and splatter in dentistry: a brief review of the literature and infection control implications”. The Journal of the American Dental Association 135.4 (2020): 429-437.
- Batista AUD., et al. “Prosthodontic practice during the COVID-19 pandemic: prevention and implications”. Brazilian Oral Research 35 (2021): e049.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA (2020).
- The Workers Who Face the Greatest Corona virus Risk-The New York Times (2020).
- World Health Organization (WHO). Personal Protective Equipment (2020).
- ND Jampani., et al. “Applications of teledentistry: a literature review and update”. Journal of International Society of Preventive and Community Dentistry 1 (2011): 37-44.
- Butera A., et al. “Bio-Inspired Systems in Nonsurgical Periodontal Therapy to Reduce Contaminated Aerosol during COVID-19: A Comprehensive and Bibliometric Review”. Journal of Clinical Medicine 9.12 (2020): 3914.
- Expósito-Delgado AJ., et al. “Delivery of Health Care by Spanish Dental Hygienists in Private and Public Dental Services during the COVID-19 De-Escalation Phase (June 2020): A Cross-Sectional Study”. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 18 (2021): 8298.
- Goriuc A., et al. “The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Dentistry and Dental Education: A Narrative Review”. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 19.5 (2022): 2537.
- Bensy Varghese., et al. “Covid 19 and Prosthodontic Practice: A review”. International Journal of contemporary Medical Research 8.1 (2021).
- Dr. MainakKantiSaha., et al. “Pandemic and Prosthodontics”. International Journal of Applied Dental Sciences 6.3 (2020): 508-512.
- Guan W., et al. “Clinical characteristics of 2019 novel coronavirus infection in China”. The New England Journal of Medicine 382 (2020): 1708-1720.
- Lotfinejad N., et al. “Hand hygiene and the novel coronavirus pandemic: The role of health care workers”. Journal of Hospital Infection (2020).
- Villafruela JM., et al. “Assessment of displacement ventilation systems in airborne infection risk in hospital rooms”. PLoS One 14 (2019): e0211390.
- Deshpande S., et al. “Teledentistry: A Boon Amidst COVID-19 Lockdown-A Narrative Review”. International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications (2021): 8859746.
- Dusmukhamedov S., et al. “Digital Denture Fabrication: A Technical Note”. Applied Sciences 11 (2021): 8093.
- Bizzoca ME., et al. “Covid-19 Pandemic: What Changes for Dentists and Oral Medicine Experts? A Narrative Review and Novel Approaches to Infection Containment”. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 17.11 (2020): 3793.
- Dr MainikkantiSaha., et al. “Pandemic and prosthodontics”. International Journal of Applied Dental Sciences 6.3 (2020): 508-512.