Surgical Management of Pink: White Ratio - A Case Series of 7 Cases
Nidhi Saripalli*, Rinisha Sinha, Pramod Waghmare and Aishwarya Sabharwal
Department of Periodontology, Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College and Hospital, Pune, India
*Corresponding Author: Nidhi Saripalli, Department of Periodontology, Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College and Hospital, Pune, India.
Received: March 14, 2023; Published: April 19, 2023
Crown lengthening procedures are an essential aspect of periodontal therapy in order to gain ideal restorative and aesthetic treatment outcomes. These are considered as the gold standard in treating insufficient clinical crown height, not only for addressing aesthetic concerns, but also to maintain a stable periodontium. These procedures are performed by gingivectomy, flap surgery or a combination of surgical and non-surgical modalities. This case series demonstrates the various clinical scenarios where crown lengthening is the treatment of choice. It also demonstrates the type of crown lengthening to be done in viz., adequate or a lack of biologic width and apically positioned or undisplaced flap.
Keywords: Biologic Width; Aesthetics; Apically Positioned Flap; Gingivectomy; Osseous Reduction
- Cohen DW. Lecture. Walter Reed Medical Center (1962).
- Ingber FJS., et al. “The biologic width. A concept in periodontics and restorative dentistry”. Alphan Omegan 10 (1977): 62-65.
- Camargo PM., et al. “Clinical Crown Lengthening in Esthetic Zone”. The Journal of the Canadian Dental Association 35 (2007): Number7:487- 498.
- Cohen DW. “Current approaches in periodontology”. Journal of Periodontology 35 (1964): 5-18.
- Gargiulo AW., et al. “Dimensions and relations of the dentogingival junction in humans”. Journal of Periodontology 32 (1961): 261-267.
- Kois J. “The restorative-periodontal interface: biological parameters”. Journal of Periodontology 11 (2000, 1996): 29-38.
- Gunay H., et al. “Placement of the preparation line and periodontal health- a prospective two-year clinical study”. The International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry 20 (2000): 171-181.
- Schroeder HE and Listgarten MA. “Fine structure of the developing epithelial attachment of human teeth”. Monographs in Developmental Biology. 2 (1971): 1-134.
- Holmes JR., et al. “Marginal fit of castable ceramic crown”. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 67 (1992): 594-599.
- Wennstrom JL and PiniPrato GP. “Mucogingival therapy-periodontal plastic surgery”. Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry 4th
- HH Takei. “Preparation of the periodontium for restorative dentistry". Clinical Periodontology 10th
- Carranza FA and Takei HH. “The flap Technique for Pocket Therapy”. Clinical Periodontology 10th
- Wennstrom JL., et al. “Periodontal Surgery: Access Therapy”. Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry 4th
- Nabers CL. “Repositioning the attached gingival”. Journal of Periodontology 25 (1954): 38-39.
- Ariadu AA and Tyrell HA. “Repositioning and increasing the zone of attached gingival”. Journal of Periodontology 28 (1957): 106-110.
- Friedman N. “Mucogingival surgery. The apically repositioned flap”. Journal of Periodontology 33 (1962): 328-340.