Maxillary Molar Distalization with Invisalign in Adult Patients: A Case Report
Meriam Nasfi1*, Mounira Rtibi1, Ines medhioub1, Hatem Hammouda1 and Anissa Zinelabidine2
1Resident in Orthodontics, Department of Orthodontics, Farhat Hached University
Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia, Africa
2Pofessor, Department of Orthodontics, Farhat Hached University Hospital, Sousse,
*Corresponding Author: Meriam Nasfi, Resident in Orthodontics, Department of Orthodontics, Farhat Hached University Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia, Africa
Received: September 13, 2022; Published: October 17, 2022
Maxillary molar distalization is frequently required in class II non-extraction patients. Resolving class II molar relationships by distalizing maxillary molars may be indicated for patients with minor skeletal discrepancies .
Recently, Distalization with the Invisalign* system can be achieved with the sequential movement of the posterior teeth to facilitate treatment of Class II malocclusions .
This article describes treatment of a bilateral Class II malocclusion with Invisalign system and elastics.
Keywords:Cl II Malocclusion; Distalization; Invisalign; Reinforced Anchorage
- Ravera, et al. “Maxillary molar distalization with aligners in adult patients: a multicenter retrospective study”. Progress in Orthodontics (2016).
- Schupp W., et al. “Class II correction with the Invisalign system”. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics 44 (2010): 28-35.
- Chenshuang Li and Chun-Hsi Chung. “A Simple Technique Using a Modiﬁed Nance Appliance as Anchorage for Maxillary Molar Distalization-Two Case Reports”. Applied Sciences 12 (2002): 768.
- Angelieri F., et al. “Comparison of the effects produced by headgear and pendulum appliances followed by fixed orthodontic treatment”. European Journal of Orthodontics 6 (2008): 572-579.
- Haydar S and Uner O. “Comparison of Jones jig molar distalization appliance with extraoral traction”. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 117 (2000): 49-53.
- Mehta, et al. “Aligners and Complex Orthodontic Tooth Movement”. Turkish Journal of Orthodontics 34.3 (2021): 202-206.
- Simon M., et al. “Treatment outcome and efficacy of an aligner technique - regarding incisor torque, premolar derotation and molar distalization”. BMC Oral Health 14 (2014): 68.
- Cengiz Ayida˘ga and Beste Kamilo˘glu. “Effects of Variable Composite Attachment Shapes in Controlling Upper Molar Distalization with Aligners: A Nonlinear Finite Element Study”. Journal of Healthcare Engineering (2021): 8.
- Simon M., et al. “Forces and moments generated by removable thermoplastic aligners: incisor torque, premolar derotation, and molar distalization”. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 6 (2014): 728-736.
- Ravera S., et al. “Maxillary molar distalization with aligners in adult patients: a multicenter retrospective study”. Progress in Orthodontics 17 (2016): 12.
- Dallel I., et al. “Dispositifs intramaxillaires de distalisation des molaires en technique multi-attache et avec aligneurs”. Orthodontie Française 88 (2017): 355-366.