PRF in Dentistry-Second Generation Platelet Concentrates: A Review
Abhishek Kr Pandey* and Nikita Dwivedi
Department of Periodontology and Implantology, India
*Corresponding Author: Abhishek KR Pandey, Department of Periodontology and Implantology, India.
June 27, 2022; Published: July 22, 2022
Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) used in dentistry from a long time. It is a biomaterial obtained via centrifugation from the patient’s blood. It is used very frequently because of its cost-effectiveness. It consists of growth factors and cytokines entrapped in a fibrin matrix. It provides an environment for wound healing and regeneration of tissues.
Keywords: Platelet-Rich Fibrin; Regeneration; Platelet Rich Plasma
- , et al. “Platelet rich fibrin: A second generation platelet concentrateand a new friend of oral and maxillofacial surgeons”. Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery 1.1 (2011): 53-57.
- YC Chang., et al. “Clinical application of platelet rich fibrin as the sole grafting material in periodontal intrabony defects”. Journal of Dental Sciences 6 (2011): 181-188.
- , et al. “Platelet-rich fibrin: Evolution of a second-generation platelet concentrate-Review article”. Indian Journal of Dental Research 19.1 (2008): 42-46.
- Bansal S., et al. “Platelet-rich fibrin or platelet-rich plasma - Which one is better? An opinion”. Indian Journal of Dental Sciences 9 (2017): S49-52.
- , et al. “Platelet-rich-fibrin, a novel root coverage approach”. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology 13.1 (2009): 50-54.
- Kumar KR., et al. “Role of plasma-rich fibrin in oral surgery”. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences 8 (2016): 36-38.
- Mohan SP., et al. “Platelet-rich plasma and platelet-rich fibrin in periodontal regeneration: A review”. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences 11 (2019): S126-130.
- Maniyar N., et al. “Platelet-Rich fibrin: A “wonder material” in advanced surgical dentistry”. Medical Journal of Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth 11 (2018): 287-290.
- Mhaske N. “The role of leucocyte- and platelet rich fibrin (L-PRF) in periodontal regeneration: A review article”. Mouth and Teeth3 (2018): 1-5.
- Saurav panda., et al. “Platelet rich fibrin and alloplast in treatment of intrabony defect”. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences 7 (2013): 621-625.
- NY Su., et al. “Platelet rich fibrin is the first line treatment option for periodontal regeneration”. Journal of Dental Sciences 12 (2017): 203-204.
- Preeja Chandran and Arun sivadas. “Platelet rich fibrin: Its role in periodontal regeneration”. The Saudi Journal for Dental Research 5 (2014): 117-122.
- Megha Agrawal A and Vineet Agrawal. “Platelet Rich Fibrin and its Applications in Dentistry- A Review Article”. National Journal of Medical and Dental Research 3 (2014): 51-58.
- Hotwani K and Sharma K. “Platelet rich fibrin - a novel acumen into regenerative endodontic therapy”. Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics 1 (2014): 1-6.
- Consuelo C Zumaran., et al. “The 3 R’s for Platelet-Rich Fibrin: A “Super” Tri-Dimensional Biomaterial for Contemporary Naturally-Guided Oro-Maxillo-Facial Soft and Hard Tissue Repair, Reconstruction and Regeneration”. Materials 1293 (2018): 1-15.
- th) John Wiley and Sons, New York (2018): 270-273.