Shilpa Dineshan1*, Maria John Kuriakose2 and Pramod Subash3
1PG Resident, Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India
2Professor, Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India
3Professor, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India
*Corresponding Author:Maria John Kuriakose, Professor, Department of
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India.
Received: March 29, 2022; Published: April 11, 2022
To evaluate if application of Low-level laser therapy at the site of the surgical wound created during Secondary Alveolar Bone Grafting, would alter the rate of bone formation in the cleft alveolus in cleft lip and palate patients.
Keywords:Cleft Palate; SABG; LASER; Orthodontics; Pain; Bone Density
- Boyne Phillip J. “Use of Marrow-Cancellous Bone Grafts in Maxillary Alveolar and Palatal Clefts”. Journal of Dental Research4 (1974): 821-824.
- Dempf R., et al. “Alveolar Bone Grafting in Patients with Complete Clefts: A Comparative Study between Secondary and Tertiary Bone Grafting”. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal 39 (2002): 18-25.
- Gangotri Shweta, et al. “Evaluation of Alveolar Bone Level & Its Density in Postmenopausal Women: A Radiovisiographic Study”. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences6 (2015): 2279-2861.
- Robert B., et al. “An Evaluation of a Noninvasive Method of Assessing Alveolar Bone Levels in an Experimental Model of Cleft Lip and Palate”. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal 1 (1998): 1-8.
- Feichtinger Matthias., et al. “Assessment of Bone Resorption After Secondary Alveolar Bone Grafting Using Three-Dimensional Computed Tomography: A Three-Year Study”. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal2 (2007): 142-148.
- De Vos W., et al. “Cone-Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) Imaging of the Oral and Maxillofacial Region: A Systematic Review of the Literature”. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery6 (2009): 609-625.
- Wangsrimongkol Tasanee, et al. “Comparison of a Clinical Method with Two Radiographic Methods for Assessing Quality of Alveolar Bone Grafts”. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand = Chotmaihet Thangphaet6.12 (2011): S1-8.
- Mulliken John B., et al. “Repair of Bilateral Cleft Lip: Review, Revisions, and Reflections”. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery5 (2003): 609-620.
- Wakoh M., et al. “Radiation Exposure with the RVG-S and Conventional Intraoral X-Ray Film Mamoru”. Oral Radiology1 (1994): 33-40.
- Talaiepour AR., et al. “A Survey on the Accuracy of Radiovisiography in the Assessment of Interproximal Intrabony Defects”. Journal of Dentistry21 (2005): 29-33.
- Farsaii Adrian and Thikriat Al-Jewair. “Insufficient Evidence Supports the Use of Low-Level Laser Therapy to Accelerate Tooth Movement, Prevent Orthodontic Relapse, and Modulate Acute Pain During Orthodontic Treatment”. Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice3 (2017): 262-264.
- Angeletti Pierangelo., et al. “Effect of Low-Level Laser Therapy (GaAlAs) on Bone Regeneration in Midpalatal Anterior Suture after Surgically Assisted Rapid Maxillary Expansion”. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology3 (2010): e38-46.
- Al Maaitah EF., et al. “Alveolar Bone Density Changes around Miniscrews: A Prospective Clinical Study”. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics6 (2012): 758-767.
- Digora for Windows 2.5 Revision 2 User’s Manual 3.8201017.
- Munhoz EA., et al. “Radiographic Assessment of Impacted Mandibular Third Molar Sockets Filled with Composite Xenogenic Bone Graft”. Dentomaxillofacial Radiology5 (2006): 371-375.
- Manrique Natalia., et al. “Alveolar Bone Healing Process in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats (SHR). A Radiographic Densitometry Study”. Journal of Applied Oral Science : Revista FOB2 (2012): 222-227.
- Saito S and N Shimizu. “Stimulatory Effects of Low-Power Laser Irradiation on Bone Regeneration in Midpalatal Suture during Expansion in the Rat”. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics : Official Publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, Its Constituent Societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics 111.5 (1997): 525-532.
- Trelles MA and E Mayayo. “Bone Fracture Consolidates Faster With Low-Power Laser”. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine1 (1987): 36-45.
- Zakaria Golam Abu., et al. “Effects of Low Level Laser (Diode- 830nm) Therapy On Human Bone Regeneration”. Lasers in Medical Science (1989): 1-12.
- Theodoro LH., et al. “Bone Formed After Maxillary Sinus Floor Augmentation By Bone Autografting With Hydroxyapatite and Low-Level Laser Therapy”. Implant Dentistry5 (2018): 547-554.
- Da Silva Rosane Vierra and José Angelo Camilli. “Repair of Bone Defects Treated with Autogenous Bone Graft and Low-Power Laser”. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery2 (2006): 297-301.