Hotmail was the first platform to introduce the mail system. Following its immediate success, hotmail.com was purchased by Microsoft and was renamed MSN Live Hotmail. However, it was in 2013 that Microsoft made significant amendments to Hotmail and rebranded it to the now-known Outlook.
Hotmail is one of the most widely used email platforms in the world. Still, it can sometimes be challenging for people to navigate its login keys. Continue with the following article to learn about Hotmail login and how to sign in through different devices.
How To Create Hotmail/Outlook Account?
To use Hotmail, you must first create an account on this platform. But before that, it is essential to remember that Hotmail has been revamped to Outlook. Thus, when you browse the Internet for Hotmail, you will be redirected to the Outlook page, which sometimes might confuse people.
Here is a simple method that can help you create an account on Hotmail.
- Go to “www.Outlook.com.”
- Click on the “Sign Up” option.
- You will be asked your name, birthdate, birthplace, and everything that validates your identity.
- Enter the asked credentials and select an email address.
- You can still use the conventional Hotmail prefix, i.e., “@hotmail.com” in your email address, but its registration would be on Outlook.
- Create a strong password for your email account.
- Enter your mobile number or an alternate email address for verification.
- You will have to go through some additional steps to ensure your account's security and privacy.
- Once you are done, carefully read and review the platform’s terms and conditions.
- Finally, when you complete all the procedures, you will be redirected to a page from where you can access your new Hotmail account.
How To Login Hotmail Through Different Devices?
For instance, the PC login method differs from the one used for mobile phones. The same scenario applies to Andriod and iPhone devices, implying that they both have varying login techniques. We shall review these methods one by one for better comprehension.
Hotmail Login from PC
You can log in Hotmail account via your PC through the following method.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to “ www.hotmail.com” or, more precisely, “www.outlook.com.”
- Click on the “Sign In” option.
- Enter your email account and the corresponding password.
- Save the information if you want your account to remain logged into your PC.
- After verification, you will be redirected to your account’s inbox to access emails.
Hotmail Login from Andriod Devices
You can also log in to your Hotmail account on your Android mobile or tablet. To do so, observe the below steps.
- Go to the "PlayStore"
- Download and install "Microsoft Outlook App" app.
- Set up the application on your device and give it the necessary permissions.
- Open the app and look for the “Add Account” option.
- Enter your email address and password.
- After identification and necessary security checks, your Hotmail account will be set up on your Andriod device.
You can open your Hotmail account on your mobile browser (similar to the PC method). But it would be too inconvenient, as you must repeat the process whenever you want to access the account. Moreover, applications work way faster and better than website links, which ultimately makes the described technique a superior one.
Hotmail Login from iPhones/iPad
You can log in to your Hotmail account on your iPhone through the following procedure;
- Email apps are pre-installed on iOS devices. Thus, unlike on Andriod devices, there is no need to install them.
- Go to the “ outlook App.”
- Enter your email account and password.
- Select "Outlook" as your account type.
- Complete the verification procedure.
- Once done, your Hotmail account will be successfully logged in to your iPhone.
Forget Your Hotmail Login Password?
Email passwords can be challenging to remember. If you have not saved your account information on a particular device, the Hotmail password might likely slip out of your mind.
If you are in a similar situation, don’t panic! There is undoubtedly a way using which you can recover your Hotmail account and password.
Since "forgotten password" is one of the most frequently encountered problems on Hotmail, Microsoft has developed an efficient tool that helps in account recovery. If you cannot remember your Hotmail login password, simply observe the following technique to get your account back.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” option under the Login option.
- You will be redirected to the “Can’t Acess Account” page.
- Hotmail will verify whether you are the legitimate owner of the account. It will ask you security questions or send a verification code to your registered mobile.
- You can also verify your identity via the alternate email address you gave at the time of sign-up.
- Once verified, Hotmail will reset your password and recover your account.
- Create a new password on the previous pattern and ensure saving it this time.
Hotmail vs Outlook: What are the Differences?
To some people, Hotmail’s transition to Outlook might seem merely a title change, but in reality, there is much more to it. Microsoft has completely revamped Hotmail and made multiple changes to its original framework.
New features are added, and the platform's technology has been improved in the latest versions. However, these attributes do not affect the platform's accessibility. Outlook is as manageable and easy to use as Hotmail was. Its "Sign In" process is the same as Hotmail login.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I login Hotmail account?
To access Hotmail, go to www.outlook.com and click the "sign in" option. Enter your email address and password. After verification, you will be redirected to the inbox of your Hotmail account.
Are Hotmail and Outlook the same?
In 2013, Microsft revamped Hotmail, added new features, improved its technology, made it more user-centric, and changed its name to Outlook.
Is Hotmail And MSN Email Equivalent?
Outlook.com, formerly known as Windows Live Hotmail/MSN Hotmail and usually just called Hotmail, is a free webmail service offered by Microsoft under the Windows Live brand.
What Advantages Does Hotmail Email Offer?
Seamless Integration with Microsoft Services: Hotmail is seamlessly integrated into Microsoft's array of online services, fostering compatibility with other Microsoft products like Office Online and OneDrive.