A Novel Anticancer Organic Drug Based on the Natural Product Synthesis
T Hannah Clara1,2 and Johanan Christian Prasana1*
1Department of Physics, Madras Christian College, Chennai, India
2University of Madras, Chennai, India
*Corresponding Author: Johanan Christian Prasana, Department of Physics, Madras Christian College, Chennai, India.
August 26, 2021; Published: November 16, 2021
Despite the outstanding ongoing research on anticancer activity the limited availability from the natural resources has barred drug discovery in researchers. The present work has been carried in achieving 99 percent pure synthesized chalcone derivative (2E)-1-(4-aminophenyl)-3-(4-benzyloxyphenyl)-prop-2-en-1-one (APBPP) with simple, cost effective method under room temperature conditions. As per the unique results obtained APBPP significantly augment anticancer effects theoretically.
Keywords: DFT; Chalcones; Anticancer; Docking
- Mohapatra Ranjan K., et al. "DFT, anticancer, antioxidant and molecular docking investigations of some ternary Ni (II) complexes with 2-(E)-4-(dimethylamino) phenyl. methyleneamino. phenol”. Chemical Papers 3 (2021): 1005-1019.
- Hashemzadeh Hassan and Heidar Raissi. "Covalent organic framework as smart and high efficient carrier for anticancer drug delivery: a DFT calculations and molecular dynamics simulation study”. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics34 (2018): 345401.
- Lou Chenghua., et al. "Preliminary studies on anti-tumor activity of 2′, 4′-dihydroxychalcone isolated from Herba Oxytropis in human gastric cancer MGC-803 cells”. Toxicology in Vitro 5 (2009): 906-910.
- Nasir Abbas Bukhari., et al. "Synthesis and biological evaluation of chalcone derivatives (mini review)”. Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry13 (2012): 1394-1403.
- RG Parr Yang. “Functional Theory of atoms and molecules”. Oxford University Press, New York (1989).
- Morris G M., et al. Journal of Computational Chemistry 19 (1998): 1639-1662.
- Clara T., et al. "Quantum mechanical, spectroscopic and docking studies of (2E)-1-(4-aminophenyl)-3-(4-benzyloxyphenyl)-prop-2-en-1-one Chalcone derivative by density functional theory–A prospective respiratory drug”. Materials Today: Proceedings (2020).
- Dlala Najet Aouled., et al. "DFT Calculations and Molecular Docking Studies on a Chromene Derivative”. Journal of Chemistry 2021 (2021).
- Tam Leslie., et al. "Expression levels of the JAK/STAT pathway in the transition from hormone-sensitive to hormone-refractory prostate cancer”. British Journal of Cancer3 (2007): 378-383.
- Nguyen Dinh-Duc., et al. "Roles of OB-fold proteins in replication stress”. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology 8 (2020): 954.
- ESMERAY Furkan and İbrahim Hanifi ÖZERCAN. "Mini-Review: The classification studies done for early diagnosis of the stomach cancer”. The Online Journal of Science and Technology4 (2018).
- Robbins K R., et al. "The ant colony algorithm for feature selection in high-dimension gene expression data for disease classification”. Mathematical Medicine and Biology: A Journal of the IMA4 (2007): 413-426.